You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-02 03:53:06

zmbmartin

Webkit mouse/cursor problem (chromium, midori, epiphany)

I have a problem with webkit based browser and was wondering if someone else had the same problem and/or had some ideas on how to fix it. In webkit browsers my mouse/cursor does not respond to state changes. So when I hover over a link the mouse/cursor does not change to a hand or when I hover over a text box it doesn't change to the text cursor. It is really annoying. If I do click on a link after I click the cursor turns into a hand and then stays that way no matter what I hover over.

I have tried reinstalling all the browsers and deleting any config files. I have tried reinstalling libwebkit and even tried installing the nightly libwebkit. Still the problem persists. I have used chrome in osx and windows and do not have the problem.

I also thought that maybe it was a 64 bit issue so I tried chromium in a chroot arch32 but still had the problem.

Anyone have some insight on this?

Thanks

#2 2010-07-02 21:22:50

maevius
Website

Re: Webkit mouse/cursor problem (chromium, midori, epiphany)

Maybe a VGA driver problem? Chromium x64 working well here.

#3 2011-01-10 15:20:32

bhadotia

Re: Webkit mouse/cursor problem (chromium, midori, epiphany)

zmbmartin wrote:

I have a problem with webkit based browser and was wondering if someone else had the same problem and/or had some ideas on how to fix it. In webkit browsers my mouse/cursor does not respond to state changes. So when I hover over a link the mouse/cursor does not change to a hand or when I hover over a text box it doesn't change to the text cursor. It is really annoying. If I do click on a link after I click the cursor turns into a hand and then stays that way no matter what I hover over.

Just a remark:
I'm also facing a similar problem running chromium on 32-bit arch with KDE. When I move the mouse cursor over the edges/corners of the browser the mouse cursor changes state (so a s to show arrows used for changing windows size) but uses the default X11 theme instead of my KDE mouse cursor theme....

Also I'm using gtk-kde4 for gtk apps in KDE.

Last edited by bhadotia (2011-01-10 15:22:27)

Board footer