You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-09 11:49:29

dr-kart

[SOLVED] Boinc can't connect to WCG project

Installed Arch x64 from core cd. After pacman -Syu, I installed openbox. In that initial state I've installed boinc. Added boinc to DAEMONS. Then, from archwiki:
$ ln -s /var/lib/boinc/gui_rpc_auth.cfg gui_rpc_auth.cfg
# chmod 640 gui_rpc_auth.cfg

Starting boinc via  $ boincmgr. Ok, It's started and the message in lower right corner says that it's connected to localhost (6.10.58). Good. Everything is as usual. Then I'm asked to connect to project and I do that via entering 'http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/' in URL string at the bottom. Then it tries to connect to project and (as always in these cases) asks for login&password. I enter login and password and get an ERROR:
Boinc manager says that it couldn't connect to project manager.
In "Messages" tab I got : "Account manager error: file not found".
Terminal shows this:
(boincmgr:5009): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_window_set_modal: assertion `GTK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

and few similar error messages saying that VFS memory already contains files: 'webexternallink.xpm', 'nvidiaicon.xpm', 'atiicon.xpm', 'multicore.xpm', 'webexternallink.xpm', 'nvidiaicon.xpm' and 'atiicon.xpm'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The same errors I get in CTKArchLive x32.

Last edited by dr-kart (2011-01-10 21:25:28)

#2 2011-01-09 20:48:53

dr-kart

Re: [SOLVED] Boinc can't connect to WCG project

OK. After reboot I retried to connect and I DID! But now I have new problem:

Scheduler request completed: got 1 new tasks
Message from server: Resent lost result E200972_451_A.28.C23H14N2OS2.247.1.set1d06_1
[error] App version has unsupported platform i686-pc-linux-gnu
[error] No application found for task: i686-pc-linux-gnu 637 ; discarding

I think server asks to resent boinc calculated data from my previous linux install. But I don't have it anymore couse I deleted whole partition when installing Arch.
And also I do not like err/messages about unsupported platform and no app found. I did not have any of that surprises in ubuntu. Please help.

#3 2011-01-10 21:30:17

dr-kart

Re: [SOLVED] Boinc can't connect to WCG project

After restarting project in "boincmgr" and (as from boinc-wiki) installing "lib32-glibc" + "lib32-glib2" - boinc is running.

Board footer