You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-29 16:43:43

loupy

Evolution MAPI

Seems like not too many people using Arch are forced to use Exchange 2007 - I unfortunately am forced and would appreciate the Evolution-MAPI package so I can get evolution to connect to it.  Thanks.

http://www.go-evolution.org/MAPIProvider

#2 2009-03-30 17:49:11

shakin

Re: Evolution MAPI

I second this request. I had expected evolution-mapi to be included with the Gnome 2.26 packages, but it's not there (yet).

#3 2009-03-31 04:43:01

scriptmunkee

loupy & shakin, 

We will have to be patient for the MAPI package. Looking at the dependencies of the MAPI component for Evolution, we will have to install libraries from OpenChange and Samba 4.

To me, getting MAPI support is going to be pretty bleeding edge. I am working on an AUR package for evolution-mapi. It will be a while before I have all the pieces ready.

Last edited by scriptmunkee (2009-03-31 04:43:15)

sCrIpt mUnKeE

#4 2009-03-31 05:05:48

sand_man

I am also forced but I don't think our Exchange server allows those type of connections...

Oh I just realised what MAPI was smile
If this gets released then I don't have to use Outlook anymore at work big_smile

Last edited by sand_man (2009-03-31 05:07:17)

neutral

#5 2009-03-31 12:22:09

loupy

scriptmunkee wrote:

loupy & shakin, 

We will have to be patient for the MAPI package. Looking at the dependencies of the MAPI component for Evolution, we will have to install libraries from OpenChange and Samba 4.

To me, getting MAPI support is going to be pretty bleeding edge. I am working on an AUR package for evolution-mapi. It will be a while before I have all the pieces ready.

I'll wait around patiently, I'm just happy to know someone is/will work on it.  Thanks scriptmunkee!

#6 2009-03-31 12:23:43

Damnshock

Evolution 2.26 supports MAPI out of the box, doesn't it? Just wait a few days to get Gnome 2.26 on the repos wink

My blog: blog.marcdeop.com
Jabber ID: damnshock@jabber.org

#7 2009-03-31 16:47:57

loupy

Damnshock wrote:

Evolution 2.26 supports MAPI out of the box, doesn't it? Just wait a few days to get Gnome 2.26 on the repos wink

Evolution does not support MAPI out of the box (just like it does not support exchange 2003 without the evolution-exchange plugin) - what the roadmap stated was that a MAPI plugin would be available based on OpenChange with 2.26 (they said the same about 2.24).  Fedora and Ubuntu do have the mapi plugin packages for their distros (11 and 9.04) - however I tested both and they both crashed attempting to connect.  So it's still unstable as far as I can tell.

#8 2009-04-01 13:15:37

shakin

scriptmunkee wrote:

loupy & shakin, 

Thanks. I do appreciate your effort.

#9 2009-06-29 10:52:20

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Hi, is this still being worked on? My office is just moving to using Exchange from the previous pop3, so I'd like to know whether anyone has PKGBUILDs, partial or otherwise. Am willing to contribute some, if needed. The way I see it, we'll need three packages, samba4, openexchange, and evolution-mapi?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#10 2009-07-23 05:08:55

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

I have working PKGBUILDs here.

Anyone who wants, please give those a try and let me know if they work.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#11 2011-01-11 15:01:17

scales

Sorry to dig this thread up, but did anyone else other than ngoonee get this working? I have a fresh arch install and I am having trouble compiling the samba4 AUR tarball with the latest PKGBUILD.  My complete attempt is here: http://pastebin.com/m0XhByfT

Ngoonee has indicated that it could be a dependency problem or some documentation issue.  His exact words were:
"Probably my mistake in terms of not having the correct dependencies. The package installs properly for me... You'd need to search for documentation-related packages I think, no idea where you'd start with that."

I am really a newb so I have no idea where to start trying to fix this.  Does anyone else have any ideas or suggestions as to what I can do?  Please help I really want to use Arch at work... sad

#12 2011-01-11 15:03:33

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

This is a forum topic from 2009. Don't necro-bump please. Closing.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fo … Bumping.27

Board footer