You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-28 07:09:22

badger101101

CUPS interface extremely slow

Hello everyone,

I have a multi-functional usb printer/scanner that I am relocating from my workstation to my server downstairs.  Both systems are running Arch, and both have the same CUPS version and configuration.  Both use the same custom udev rule to give it the correct group when connected, and both have usblp blacklisted.  The printer is detected correctly on both machines.

My problem is that the CUPS web interface is excruciatingly slow on the server, but very snappy on the workstation.  Accessing the web interface on my workstation remotely works great.  Accessing the the web interface on my server remotely is more or less dysfunctional.  I can get the main page to load (after about 5 minutes), and can sometimes get to the admin page (after another 5 minutes), but no luck beyond that.  I have not tried accessing it locally as the server is headless, and doesn't have X or any other fluff installed.

I am boggled by this problem and have searched the web furiously to try and solve it.  Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a way to fix it?

Thanks!

#2 2010-12-28 07:16:29

badger101101

Re: CUPS interface extremely slow

Wow, I've been fighting this for the last 3 hours, then magically, after I post in this forum, it starts to work.  I don't get it. 

The only thing that changed was that I installed PHP on the server... maybe that had something to do with it?

#3 2010-12-28 07:54:31

badger101101

Looks like I was a bit hasty to state it was fixed...  it's now right back to where it was.  This is frustrating.

#4 2011-01-15 17:36:54

h-munster

It appears that some versions of the CUPS web interface require the browser to have cookies enabled. 
If you posted here, and the CUPS interface suddenly worked, perhaps it was because you enabled cookies in your browser to post here.

Perhaps it would be worth trying again while making sure that cookies are enabled.

Board footer