You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-15 12:38:40

molecula21

CPU frequency change

The problem is quite simple, but really anoying. I recently migrated from Xubuntu and one of the things i miss is a nice applet called xfce4-governor-plugin that would change the governor setting of my cpu's at my will. I followed the arch wiki for cpufrequtils and laptop mode tools i am able to change the cpu frequency/governor with the cpufreq-set command (with root permissions). I am to lazy to do a script to change the governor of all the cpu's with this command smile Anyway what i want is really a nice pannel applet to do this. I tryed using the CPU Frequency Monitor (i bellieve it is a gnome applet) but the applet is not able to change the governors/frequency (i believe it is because user don't have permissions to do so).

Bottom line: is there any GUI in arch to change the frequency/governor of teh CPU's?

Thank you

Last edited by molecula21 (2011-01-15 13:46:35)

#2 2011-01-15 12:49:51

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

Re: CPU frequency change

Dunno about xfce's widgets but this works with gnome... have you tried it for the xfce widget you want?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cp … nder_Gnome

Last edited by graysky (2011-01-15 12:50:40)

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#3 2011-01-15 14:12:13

molecula21

I could try the gnome applet solution you have presented, but i can't even know how to change it. I am trying to use xfce4-freq-plugin. How should i change this in the /var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/org.gnome.cpufreqselector.pkla file?

[org.gnome.cpufreqselector]
Identity=unix-user:USER
Action=org.gnome.cpufreqselector
ResultAny=no
ResultInactive=no
ResultActive=yes

In alternative, i don't mind using a gnome widget, but i dont find it in arch packages or AUR. How is it called?

#4 2011-01-17 21:06:14

molecula21

bump,

There must be somebody somewhere that uses arch and Xfce and changes the CPU frequency with a panel applet... anybody have any idea? Since i can change the frequency by command line but nothing happens when i change it in the applet i believe that this is some user/group permission problem. I am in the following groups: adm disk wheel http network video audio optical storage scanner power users lpadmin. Am i missing something?

Board footer