You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-17 19:21:52

mikej_96

Multiple X sessions, window closing question.

Hello,

I have a multiple monitor setup with dual X sessions. (Monitors 1 and 2 on one X session, monitors 3 and 4 on the other X session). I am running gnome with metacity as my window manager.

Often, when I close a window via a keyboard shortcut on one of my X sessions, the next window that gets focus is on the other X session. This happens even if my mouse cursor remains on the first X session.

For example,
1) Mouse on X session 0.
2) Close a window on X session 0 via Ctl+w.
3) Window manager focus's a window on X session 1, even though X session 0 should still be 'active' (because the mouse is still there.)

Has anyone run into this before? Any suggestions for a work around? It is really really unproductive and annoying to have to constantly wonder which window is going to be focused after closing something.

Thanks!

#2 2011-01-18 02:22:50

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Multiple X sessions, window closing question.

I believe the 'default' behaviour is to go to the last focused window (or what you'd get if you press alt-tab instead of closing the window).

And now I don't believe its possible to change this behaviour. You way want to try an alternate WM which gives you more control (openbox for instance).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer