You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-18 08:05:59

cafejunkie
Website

PXE boot issues with TFTP [SOLVED]

I am attempting to run a PXE install of Arch. As per the wiki I downloaded the archboot installation iso, and I successfully set up DHCP and TFTP. (The computer running the servers is Ubuntu 10.10 btw). I created the /tftpboot directory and copied the contents of the "SYSLINUX" folder into that directory, and put the contents of syslinux.cfg into /tfpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default.cfg.
I tested the TFTP server locally and successfully downloaded pxelinux.0.
Now, when I boot up the client machine it gets an address from DHCP just fine. Then it'll say "TFTP...." for a while then times out with "TFTP open timeout"
I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going wrong. I checked the config files for both tftp and dhcp, all the IP addresses and such are correct.
Anybody have any ideas?
---edit---
Okay, sorry for the post but I figured it out. Just a simple typo in the configuration file in pxelinux.cfg/default
I have it working now.

Last edited by cafejunkie (2011-01-18 08:19:58)

"Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen an angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had." --LinusTorvalds

Board footer