You are not logged in.

#1 2003-10-27 07:15:37

jf/

problem with installing a /tmp partition

not too sure if anybody has noticed this before (i tried to do a search on it in this forum, but didnt seem to find any threads relating to this), but it seems that the installer will somehow bork (gives no proper explanation, somehow gives you a "windoze-like" messagebox type error that gets you nowhere - "abort installation? yes/no", with yes aborting, and no giving you another messagebox about loading drivers and then dumping you back to that yes/no messagebox) if you choose to make a partition for /tmp.

yeah, i know that archlinux uses the tmpfs system for /tmp, but i only found that out after i decided to let the installer auto-prepare my hard disk, and booted into the system. Perhaps a note of it could be made somewhere in the installer, or in the install docs? (ie., dont reserve a separate partition for /tmp - arch uses tmpfs)

#2 2003-10-27 07:47:07

apeiro
Daddy
Website

Re: problem with installing a /tmp partition

Good points.  If you've got a minute or two, please add a bug in the tracker and I'll tackle that one when I prepare the setup script for 0.6.

#3 2003-10-27 07:57:06

jf/

well ok. thanks for affirming my points. Hold on while i register and then do the bug report..

#4 2003-10-27 08:13:05

jf/

erm... what do i set for things like "Severity", "Priority", "Site", "OS"?

Site and OS i've left them as default ("All"), Severity and Priority i've labelled as i deemed fit. (Is there some "reporting a bug to bug tracker guide/faq" document somewhere? searched for it but couldnt find any)

ps - anyway, it's done. Bug reported and submitted to bug tracker.

Board footer