You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-21 20:18:52

mrspin

Installing both Nvidia and Catalyst drivers?

Is there a way to have both the Nvidia and ATI Catalyst drivers installed? I need to work on various OpenCL projects on both, and need both drivers to work. I have a Radeon 5870 used for display, and a GTX 285 installed. I don't actually need display on the Nvidia card, though it would be nice to have that as an option. When I have one driver installed, and try to install the other, I get conflicts such as

:: nvidia-utils and catalyst-utils are in conflict (libgl). Remove catalyst-utils? [y/N]

Is there any way to get both drivers installed at the same time?

#2 2011-01-21 21:40:09

Gusar

Re: Installing both Nvidia and Catalyst drivers?

You would need to modify the packages to install GL libs in different places and then devise a script that sets up symlinks to the appropriate libs. Gentoo does that and you use 'eselect opengl set nvidia' or 'eselect opengl set fglrx' or  'eselect opengl set xorg-x11' (for mesa) to switch the libs. But there's nothing like eselect in Arch.

#3 2011-01-21 21:56:16

flamelab

Re: Installing both Nvidia and Catalyst drivers?

Gusar wrote:

You would need to modify the packages to install GL libs in different places and then devise a script that sets up symlinks to the appropriate libs. Gentoo does that and you use 'eselect opengl set nvidia' or 'eselect opengl set fglrx' or  'eselect opengl set xorg-x11' (for mesa) to switch the libs. But there's nothing like eselect in Arch.

Take a look at that thread tongue

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=92530

Last edited by flamelab (2011-01-21 21:56:50)

Board footer