You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-18 13:42:38

Trieforce

AIF Configuration File

I want to make AIF script for automatic installation of archlinux. Only thing I'm not sure  about is will it give me the control during the step of partitioning? And will it load lvm2 module?

# this config explains the (all) available options.
# the variables are optional and we define their defaults here (so you could omit the
# definitions), unless otherwise specified.

SOURCE=net #change to 'net' to do a network install
FILE_URL=file:///src/core/pkg
SYNC_URL= [url]http://sunsite.rediris.es/mirror/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch[/url] # optional, if you do netinstall use a repository string like [url]ftp://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/archlinux.org/$repo/os/$arch[/url] (the same format as what you find in /etc/pacman.conf)
HARDWARECLOCK=localtime # UTC is the better option, but some OS'es don't support it (i.e. Windows)
TIMEZONE=Europe/Madrid
LOCALE="en_US.utf8"
KEYMAP="es"
LANG="en"
eth0="dhcp"

# Do you want to have additional pacman repositories or packages available at runtime (during installation)?
# RUNTIME_REPOSITORIES = array like this ('name1' 'location of repo 1' ['name2' 'location of repo2',..])
RUNTIME_REPOSITORIES=
# space separated list
RUNTIME_PACKAGES=

TARGET_REPOS="core extra community"
# packages to install
TARGET_GROUPS=base # all packages in this group will be installed (defaults to base if no group and no packages are specified)
TARGET_PACKAGES_EXCLUDE='nano' # Exclude these packages if they are member of one of the groups in TARGET_GROUPS. example: 'nano reiserfsprogs' (they are in base)
TARGET_PACKAGES= # you can also specify separate packages to install (this is empty by default)

# you can optionally also override some functions...
worker_intro () {
inform "Automatic procedure running the generic-install-on-sda example config. THIS WILL ERASE AND OVERWRITE YOUR /DEV/SDA. IF YOU DO NOT WANT THIS PRESS CTRL+C WITHIN 10 SECONDS"
sleep 10
modprobe dm-mod
vgchange -ay
}

worker_configure_system () {
preconfigure_target
sed -i 's/^MODULES=()/MODULES=(!net-pf-10 !pcspkr loop)/' $var_TARGET_DIR/etc/rc.conf
sed -i 's/^HOSTNAME="myhost"/HOSTNAME="Alex"/' $var_TARGET_DIR/etc/rc.conf
sed -i 's/^USELVM="no"/USELVM="yes"/' $var_TARGET_DIR/etc/rc.conf
sed -i 's/^DAEMONS=(syslog-ng network netfs crond)/DAEMONS=(@syslog-ng network netfs @crond)/' $var_TARGET_DIR/etc/rc.conf
sed -i 's/^HOOKS="base udev autodetect pata scsi sata filesystems"/HOOKS="base udev autodetect pata scsi sata lvm2 filesystems keymap usbinput"/' $var_TARGET_DIR/etc/mkinitcpio.conf
postconfigure_target
}

# These variables are mandatory

GRUB_DEVICE=

#2 2011-01-21 17:09:48

Dieter@be
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: AIF Configuration File

you don't need to do anything to get the lvm module loaded. it should just work.
what do you mean with "give me the control" ? do you want an automatic install or not?

< Daenyth> and he works prolifically
4 8 15 16 23 42

#3 2011-01-21 21:26:40

mhertz

No you cannot manually(interactivelly) control the partitioning during the automatic profile, as the partitioning vars are conditional as clearly specified i.e. GRUB_DEVICE, PARTITIONS and BLOCKDATA.

Last edited by mhertz (2011-01-21 21:36:07)

#4 2011-01-21 22:33:18

Dieter@be
Forum Fellow
Website

mhertz wrote:

No you cannot manually(interactivelly) control the partitioning during the automatic profile, as the partitioning vars are conditional as clearly specified i.e. GRUB_DEVICE, PARTITIONS and BLOCKDATA.

actually you can, it's just a matter of overriding the right function and calling the right backend function. (see source code of automatic and interactive procedures)

< Daenyth> and he works prolifically
4 8 15 16 23 42

#5 2011-01-21 22:57:34

mhertz

I aplogise for posting wrong information!

Thanks for the correction, mate smile

Board footer