You are not logged in.

#1 2005-05-17 10:33:30

riddler

[SOLVED] Silc-Client not working?

Hi there!
I wanted to install the silc-client from www.silcnet.org an my arch-machine, but it's not working. Everytime when I start the client it asks for my keyphrase; but when I'm typing it in and press enter nothing happens and I'M taken back to my prompt.

[riddler@morgue ~]$ /usr/local/silc/bin/silc
Private key passphrase:
[riddler@morgue ~]$

When I delete the keyphrases and create new ones it looks so:

[riddler@morgue ~]$ /usr/local/silc/bin/silc
Running SILC for the first time
Private key passphrase: 
Retype private key passphrase: Generating RSA Public and Private keys, might take a while...
Finding p: ...............................................................................................................................
Finding q: .................................................................................................................................................................
Keys generated successfully.
Public key has been saved into `/home/riddler/.silc/public_key.pub'.
Private key has been saved into `/home/riddler/.silc/private_key.prv'.
Press <Enter> to continue...
Private key passphrase: 
[riddler@morgue ~]$

Someone wrote in this forum, that his irssi behaves in the same way like the silc-client in my case, but irssi is working absolutely correct here.

It would be nice if somebody could help, it's important yikes

Thank you very much.

#2 2005-05-17 10:44:47

riddler

Re: [SOLVED] Silc-Client not working?

Haha, so funny...

I compiled this packages (1.0.2) around 30times...5 mins ago i decided to try the 1.0-release and it worked...

i don't know why the 1.02 and 1.01 don't work, but the 1.0 works great...thank you anyways smile

Board footer