You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-22 02:57:44

minasmorath
Website

Switching Between Open Office and Other Windows

Hello Archers,

When I have OpenOffice.org and Firefox open at the same time, and I'm switching back and forth using the window list in gnome-panel, oftentimes the document I'm working on won't come back immediately. First I get the smaller Bullets and Numbering box, which I have to close manually and then click the document entry in the window list again. Basically I can't get the main window back up immediately, and It's annoying. Not system critical, but I like having some semblance of control over my setup.

I'm running Arch with Gnome and Openbox instead of Metacity.

Thanks folks!

#2 2011-01-22 22:14:52

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Switching Between Open Office and Other Windows

A workaround would be to set 'Bullets and Numbering' to always appear, and then dock it. OpenOffice, AFAIK, brings the additional toolbars in focus if they're 'relevant' to the portion you're editing. So if you're alt-tabbing to OO and the cursor is currently on a bulletted/numbered section you'd experience this.

Btw, this won't help with the problem you're having, but why not libreoffice?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2011-01-22 23:05:54

lucke

Re: Switching Between Open Office and Other Windows

If you use both firefox and openoffice maximized, I'd just put them on separate virtual desktops and change between desktops, not windows.

Board footer