You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-24 03:08:17

pfpearson

CUPS problems with Photosmart Pemium (duplex and color)

I have a new HP Photosmart Premium C410a, installed in an up-to-date (as of a couple of days ago) Arch installation. Xfce DE. The printer is connected via Ethernet (not wireless).

When I tried setting up the printer through CUPS, I couldn't get a good print - margins were off.
I set up the printer through the HP toolbox (I think that's it - Applications -> Accessories -> HP Device Manager). The HPLIP Test page looked wonderful. The CUPS test page looked wonderful - in black and white.

Two issues:
1. I can't configure CUPS to default to Duplex printing, nor is it an option in the print dialog for applications.

2. When I try to print color, like the scanned image of the HPLIP test page, the white comes out black.

According the CUPS Printer Test Page:
I'm using the hp-photosmart_prem_c410_series.ppd
Driver VVersion: hpcups 3.10.9
CUPS 1.4.6

The HPLIP Printer Test Page shows HPLIP Version: 3.10.9

I'll be glad to RTFM, but I'm not sure where to find the "Fine Manuals".

#2 2011-01-26 20:18:44

pfpearson

Re: CUPS problems with Photosmart Pemium (duplex and color)

Bump, with a question.

Can someone point me to where I can find out more information? Even though I've been using Linux for a bunch of years, I'm still pretty green when it comes to configuring printers. It usually "just works". If posting to another forum would be more helpful, I'd appreciate knowing *which* forum. I promise to come back here with whatever I find out.

#3 2011-01-26 23:27:51

lilsirecho
Veteran

Perhaps you are experiencing the ghostscript problem which causes negative images.

Several posts on the subject.  Calls for an earlier version of ghostscript.

Prediction...This year will be a very odd year!
Hard work does not kill people but why risk it: Charlie Mccarthy
A man is not complete until he is married..then..he is finished.
When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

#4 2011-01-27 18:35:25

pfpearson

lilsirecho wrote:

Perhaps you are experiencing the ghostscript problem which causes negative images.

Several posts on the subject.  Calls for an earlier version of ghostscript.

Thanks. I'll look at this at home when I can.

What about the douplex not being recognized? I haven't yet looked up the ghostsript problem, but that doesn't sound related.

Board footer