You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-28 22:11:15

welpert

How to put GNOME-panel behind tint2?

Hi Archers,

Please note: I've searched Google and these forums about this, to no avail. That's why I decided to post my question here, hoping someone might be able to help me out.

My goal is to use tint2 as a panel anchored in the top right and expanded to 98% of the width of my desktop, and a GNOME-panel (same height) containing only the Main Menu button behind it. The Main Menu button then appears in the space left of the tint2 panel. The top left of my desktop looks like this now:

tNzcyMQ (click image to enlarge)

I find this visually quite pleasing. The only problem is that - as soon as I move my mouse over the tint2 panel to do some 'Archane Magick' - GNOME-panel decides to be a bully and push tint2 into the background (effectively causing it to disappear):

tNzcyMg (click image to enlarge)

So, I really want GNOME-panel to be positioned behind tint2 at all times, forcibly if needed.

Things I've tried:

• Looking for a setting with gconf-editor - There is none.

• Installing gdesklets - Pretty much ***ks and no menu desklet

• Putting another instance of Docky there (I already have one instance on the left side of the desktop, autohide, don't want my systray/menu there) - Docky can't be put in the corner and I don't want AWN or any other dock

Question 1: Can this be done?
Question 2: If not, is there another way to get a menu button in that top-left position?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by welpert (2011-01-28 23:10:00)

“Great art is horseshit, buy tacos.” - Charles Bukowski

freenode/archlinux: nl-trisk

Board footer