You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-29 04:02:20

nonoitall

Menus don't show up on Catalyst drivers with compositing

I have a Radeon HD 5770 and am using the latest (11.1) Catalyst drivers (though every version of the Catalyst drivers that I've ever tried has had the same problem).  Normally, when I click on a menu or hover over a sub-menu's root item, the menu will appear.  However, whenever I enable compositing on my desktop (either by switching it on in XFWM4 or by using Compiz) menus/sub-menus will sometimes not appear unless I actually move the mouse over the menu itself.

For example, I can click on XFCE's main menu and hover the mouse over one of the application categories.  With any sort of compositing + Catalyst, the sub-menu might not appear until I move the mouse to the region where the sub-menu should appear (almost like the sub-menu forgets to draw itself until the mouse is actually over it).  With compositing turned off, the menus behave as they should.  Is there an option or something, perhaps in Xorg or Catalyst settings, that I might be able to tweak to get this working properly?  I'd use the open source drivers, but until they reach the same level of features and performance as the proprietary ones, I'd really prefer to stick with the proprietary ones.

#2 2011-01-29 12:07:51

Foucault

Re: Menus don't show up on Catalyst drivers with compositing

I have an nvidia card (with the nvidia driver) and I face the same problem when using compiz. Unfortunately, I haven't found any solution for this.

Last edited by Foucault (2011-01-29 12:08:15)

Board footer