You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-31 10:13:27

MikeEcho

Conky- No output on either desktop or in terminal

Hi everyone,
I've had this issue for a little while, but assumed that it'd sort itself out like most of these issues seem to after a short while. Conky was all fine and dandy, then after an update, it no longer displays anything. This was at the same time as gnome-power-manager and acpi failed to determine the battery discharge rate, however this separate issue has resolved itself, and I hoped that with it conky would return but alas, no such joy.

[mike@x60 ~]$ conky

As in, that nothing. No error, it just sits there. I've tried reinstalling the various permutations of conky (lua, nvidia), to see if it made a difference, but nothing has changed. I've also tried removing my .conkyrc, but that had no effect.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening?

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Last edited by MikeEcho (2011-01-31 10:15:12)

#2 2011-01-31 14:43:53

ChoK

Re: Conky- No output on either desktop or in terminal

Maybe it's transparent and you can't see conky window?

Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness.
Picasso
Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
Saint Exupéry

#3 2011-01-31 14:48:18

MikeEcho

Re: Conky- No output on either desktop or in terminal

That can't be it, otherwise I'd get the "Drawing Window to double buffer..." messages in the terminal. After I run conky in the terminal, I just get a flashing prompt until I ctrl+c.

Edit: Just to be perfectly clear about this, even if I run conky -v, I get no output from conky at all in the terminal.

Last edited by MikeEcho (2011-01-31 15:37:26)

Board footer