You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-19 02:28:08

Urviech

GLC and EVE Online via wine

Hi fellow Arch-People! o/

For quite some time now I am searching for a program to capture gaming videos in Arch.

And after tools like xvidcapture, recordmydesktop and istanbul didn't satisfy me, I found GLC and installed it as described in this old newsletter: http://www.archlinux.org/static/magazin … ul-07.html

$ yaourt -S glc-git

Worked so far.

But not with wine:

$ WINEDEBUG=-all glc-capture -o /home/urviech/blubb -r 0.5 wine explorer /desktop=1,1680x1050 "D:\EVE2\eve.exe"

throws:

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libglc-hook.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libglc-hook.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

Then the Game launches, but capturing doesn't work.

Strange enough

$ glc-capture -o /home/urviech/xglc -r 0.5 glxgears

works well, and also Tux Racer.

I suspect it to be a problem related to me running Arch 64bit and wine being a 32bit Application.

So - what can I try to make this work?

#2 2010-03-19 16:21:20

Urviech

Re: GLC and EVE Online via wine

Ok, in the meantime I have set up a 32bit chroot environment, and used yaourt inside of it to build the glc-git package. I copied and installed it via pacman -U in my 64bit environment.

I also had to install lib32-libpng, and after that, it worked!

it still throws errors:

but only two times instead of nine, and its capturing just fine.

here's the compiled package, if anyone needs it:

http://web149.mis12.de/glc-git-20100319 … pkg.tar.gz

#3 2011-01-14 17:41:38

DWilliams

I'm having this problem with GLC and EVE, too.

I tried capturing several things just to make sure I wasn't doing it wrong and they all work, but whenever I try to capture EVE no output file is produced. I don't know if it's a GLC and Wine thing or a GLC and EVE thing, EVE is the only Wine game I have installed at the moment. I tried it on a couple non-Wine games like Revenge of the Titans and World of Goo and they both worked fine.

#4 2011-01-14 18:04:12

ChemBro

Shouldn't glc-capture be the first command (before WINEDEBUG)? I haven't recorded a wine-game for a long time.

Also: glc is a dead project.

#5 2011-01-14 18:30:28

DWilliams

ChemBro wrote:

Shouldn't glc-capture be the first command (before WINEDEBUG)? I haven't recorded a wine-game for a long time.

Also: glc is a dead project.

Are there any recommended alternatives? On the programs it worked for, GLC seemed to be exactly what I need.

#6 2011-01-15 20:54:17

ChemBro

glc is the best (for opengl), but it's dead. :-(

For non-opengl stuff, I think ffmpeg is the best to record (for example your desktop).

#7 2011-01-15 21:42:44

DWilliams

Yeah I'm attempting to record games. Normal desktop recorders won't work I believe.

Seems a bit strange that such a seemingly good project would die. It is open source, afterall. Perhaps somebody will take it over?

#8 2011-02-01 16:18:33

Drakx

Urviech wrote:

Ok, in the meantime I have set up a 32bit chroot environment, and used yaourt inside of it to build the glc-git package. I copied and installed it via pacman -U in my 64bit environment.

I also had to install lib32-libpng, and after that, it worked!

it still throws errors:

but only two times instead of nine, and its capturing just fine.

here's the compiled package, if anyone needs it:

http://web149.mis12.de/glc-git-20100319 … pkg.tar.gz

Sorry for bumping an old thread but thanks very much for this works perfect on 64bit Arch.

Board footer