You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-30 01:31:21

Ipozya

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (Flash and LCD light)

Hello everyone!

I have been running arch for ~2 months now and have almost finished dealing with all the configurations needed for system to run smoothly. The last thing I need is a little bit of help with the graphics card to fix a couple of problems.  I am using fluxbox on a Sony Vaio VGN-FW480J (64 bit) with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 graphics card.

1) [SOLVED] First, flash has been working fine (using 32 bit version) until the past couple of days.  Whenever I make the video (e.g. youtube, etc.) fullscreen, the image becomes jerky and sometimes freezes.  This is a new development and threads on similar issues did not have applicable solutions (regular size flash video works flawlessly).

2) Second, I am not certain how to lower the LCD light to prolong the battery life when needed.  I have tried with the following two steps, with the errors included in paranthesis:

echo 50 > /proc/acpi/video/VGA/LCD/brightness ("write error: Invalid argument")
xbacklight -set <value> ("No outputs have backlight property")

The last message, according to other posts, seems to signify that there is no support in the drivers yet (I have installed xf86-video-ati). 

Does anyone have any experience with either one of these issues?  Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited by Ipozya (2011-02-02 05:01:13)

#2 2011-02-01 23:42:48

Ipozya

Re: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (Flash and LCD light)

Ok so flash is solved.  Did not realize that flash square was placed in AUR. So I installed flashplugin-prelease and it seems to be running fine for the moment at least.

Does anyone have any solutions for changing the screen brightness?  Thank you in advance.

Board footer