You are not logged in.

#1 2003-10-29 03:11:29

hcman

building multisync 0.8

Trying to build multisync 0.8 with the following PKGBUILD:
______________________________________________________________________________________
pkgname=multisync
              pkgver=0.80
              pkgrel=1
              pkgdesc="MultiSync is a program to synchronize calendars, addressbooks and
              url="http://www.multisync.org"

source=(http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/multisync/multisync-0.80-1.tar.gz)

build() {
                cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
                ./autogen.sh  --prefix=/usr
                make || return 1
                make prefix=$startdir/pkg/usr install
                mv $startdir/pkg/usr/sbin $startdir/pkg
                mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/etc
                cp ../modules.conf $startdir/pkg/etc
              }
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Note: the pkgdesc line is actually complete (my eterm window was too small).

Makepkg ends on this:

_________________________________________________________________________________________
    if test -f $includefile; then
      /bin/install -c -m 644 $includefile /home/hcman/sources/pkgs/multisync/pkg/usr/include/multisync;
    fi
  done
fi
mkdir -p -- /home/hcman/sources/pkgs/multisync/pkg/usr/include/multisync
rm -f /home/hcman/sources/pkgs/multisync/pkg/usr/include/multisync/*~

MultiSync syncengine installed.

** Now enter the plugins/ directory and build the   *
  ** sync plugins you need. MultiSync will not be     *
  ** able to do anything without these plugins.       *

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/hcman/sources/pkgs/multisync/src/multisync-0.80'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hcman/sources/pkgs/multisync/src/multisync-0.80'
mv: cannot stat `/home/hcman/sources/pkgs/multisync/pkg/usr/sbin': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `../modules.conf': No such file or directory
==> Build Failed.  Aborting...
________________________________________________________________________________________
Any tips?

HC

#2 2003-10-29 05:02:08

red_over_blue

Re: building multisync 0.8

EDITED - forgot the -p option, to create parent directories.  It is added below now.

It's late, so I'll just help you with one of those errors smile

mv: cannot stat `/home/hcman/sources/pkgs/multisync/pkg/usr/sbin': No such file or directory 

Sometime when you try to install the pkg to $startdir/pkg, the install script cannot make the directories it needs.  That error is saying that it can't find the /home/hcman/sources/pkgs/multisync/pkg/usr/sbin directory. 

Just add the following somewhere near the start of the build() function:

mkdir $startdir/pkg/usr/sbin -p

Don't forget to post your PKGBUILD in your thread when you announce a new package in incoming.
see HERE for details

#3 2003-10-29 05:10:04

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

You probably want to make that 'mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/usr/sbin', just in case $startdir/pkg/usr doesn't exist...

Also, I notice you're writing modules.conf to /etc (when the package is installed).  Most likely this is a bad thing... cause modules.conf is owned by modutils and your package isn't allowed to steal it.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#4 2003-10-29 05:15:09

red_over_blue

Yeah... -p, I edited my post and then saw Xentac beat me to it smile

Don't forget to post your PKGBUILD in your thread when you announce a new package in incoming.
see HERE for details

#5 2003-10-29 05:37:50

red_over_blue

EDIT - Man I'm tired, I had to clean this up a little, so hopefully it is coherent now.

hcman,

I just looked at your PKGBUILD again, and there is no need to create that directory at all.  You are getting the error I posted about because of the following line in your PKGBUILD, which is not necessary:

mv $startdir/pkg/usr/sbin $startdir/pkg

When trying to make a package, it is usually easiest to keep things as simple as possibel at first, following the directions given in the INSTALL file that (hopefully) comes with the package.

Also, another tip, try to use DESTDIR during the "make install" portion, as it is more robust that prefix.

You can also get the md5sum for the package by running "makepkg -g" and it will print the md5sum line that you should include in the PKGBUILD.

Finally, there is a utility in Arch called namcap that you can run on your package once it is done.  It can help you determine what dependencies you need to include in the PKGBUILD.

Once your package is built, you can look at what files it will provide by examining the filelist file that is created in the same directory as the PKGBUILD.

Here is a PKGBUILD that I made so that you can see how I would have done it.  I'm not claiming it's perfect, but it's a start.

pkgname=multisync
pkgver=0.80
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A free modular program to synchronize calendars, 
        addressbooks and other PIM data"
depends=()
conflicts=()
backup=()
install=
source=(http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/multisync/multisync-0.80-1.tar.gz)
md5sums=('f1b1ff5665d7de82b2a2948752b818c7')

build() {
        ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
        make || return 1
        make DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg install
}

see HERE for details

#6 2003-10-29 07:36:01

hcman

Thank you very much for the tips!
I have a multisync pkg now and it installs and works :-)
This is the 2nd package I have built so I learned a whole lot from doing this with the tips you guys gave me.

When I figure out the dependencies and make sure it builds/installs/works well I will upload it.

I'm working on one of the plugins now.
Is it customary to build plugins as seperate packages?

HC

#7 2003-10-30 00:27:39

hcman

Ok, multisync works. I got the dependencies (I think) so this I think I will upload it.
This is the PKGBUILD

pkgname=multisync
pkgver=0.80
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A free modular program to synchronize calendars, 
        addressbooks and other PIM data"
depends=('esd' 'openssl' 'gtk2' 'libgnomeui')
conflicts=()
backup=()
install=
md5sums=('f1b1ff5665d7de82b2a2948752b818c7')

build() {
        ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
        make || return 1
}

Building one of the plugins, evolution_sync, I ran into some trouble.
I'm using this PKGBUILD (following red_over_blue's advice to keep it simple at first)

pkgname=evolution_sync
pkgver=0.80
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Ximian Evolution synchronization, supporting calendar, ToDos and contacts for Multisync"
depends=()
conflicts=()
backup=()
install=

build() {
        cd $startdir/src/multisync-0.80/plugins/evolution_sync
        ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --with-evo-libs=/opt/gnome/lib/evolution/1.4
        make || return 1
}

It goes to the correct dir (a subdir in the multisync source pkg) and configures and starts make. It ends on this:

make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/hcman/sources/pkgs/evolution_sync/src/multisync-0.80/plugins/evolution_sync'
Making all in libversit
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/hcman/sources/pkgs/evolution_sync/src/multisync-0.80/plugins/evolution_sync/libversit'
if /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..   -DORBIT2=1 -pthread -I/opt/gnome/include/evolution-1.4 -I/opt/gnome/include/gconf/2 -I/opt/gnome/include/libbonobo-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/include/gal-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/include/libgnome-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/include/orbit-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/include/bonobo-activation-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/include/libglade-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/include/libgnomeprint-2.2 -I/opt/gnome/include/gnome-vfs-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/include -I/opt/gnome/include/libgnomeui-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/include/libgnomecanvas-2.0 -I/opt/gnome/include/libbonoboui-2.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libart-2.0    -g -O2 -MT vcc.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/vcc.Tpo" 
  -c -o vcc.lo `test -f 'vcc.c' || echo './'`vcc.c; 
then mv -f ".deps/vcc.Tpo" ".deps/vcc.Plo"; 
else rm -f ".deps/vcc.Tpo"; exit 1; 
fi
../libtool: ../libtool: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [vcc.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/hcman/sources/pkgs/evolution_sync/src/multisync-0.80/plugins/evolution_sync/libversit'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hcman/sources/pkgs/evolution_sync/src/multisync-0.80/plugins/evolution_sync'
make: *** [all] Error 2

When I run a regular ./configure, make it gives me the same thing so I'm thinking (hoping) it's not my PKGBUILD this time... :-)

Does it have something to with libtool since it complains it cannot find that?

HC

Board footer