You are not logged in.

#1 2003-10-29 13:52:45

jf/

installer suggestion - show where partitions are mounted, &a

... and fs type during the "prepare hard disk phase".

I often like to do a multi-partition scheme for my drives whenever i install a linux system, and although i can remember where each partition goes, as well as the fs type for each (i was thinking of using, for eg. reiserfs for the /tmp partition, but that is now negated now - see my other thread about the "/tmp partition"), it sure would be much more user-friendly to be able to display just what i've done for the earlier partitions, as i move along setting them up... dont u think so?

#2 2003-11-01 12:54:34

jf/

Re: installer suggestion - show where partitions are mounted, &a

true. i know i do document this sort of thing down (i am meticulous), although i find it hard to believe that i must constantly refer to my "pen and paper" copy just in order to work through this part of the paper-less (info is displayed on screen) installation on my electronic pc.

either way, i'll understand too if the aim of not showing the partition info is deliberate. But how about things like selected packages - are they going to be not displayed in the same spirit as well? Not to be contentious, but merely questioning.

Board footer