You are not logged in.

#126 2011-02-04 09:11:02

teMplaryum
Website

Re: Xfce 4.8 pre1

Bump.

Still haven't solved the problem with fixed CPU scaling governor. Stays on performance all the time, does not matter if it's plugged in or not. ACPI handler (/etc/acpi/handler.sh) script does not work either. Seems like a permission problem to me. My user is a member of wheel, games, network, audio, storage, scanner, camera, power...

I can change the scaling governor with sudo cpufreq-set.

I have resolved all other issues that appeared after upgrading to XFCE 4.8, found most of the answers on the forum, and this is the only one left.

EDIT: Found out what the problem with acpid handler script was (undefined events: BAT1 instead of BAT0 and ACAD instead of AC). After I had fixed those switch values in /etc/acpi/handler.sh it started working again.

The other problem, setting CPU frequency at boot time, was solved by adding this to /etc/rc.local:

AC=$(cat /proc/acpi/ac_adapter/ACAD/state | awk '{print $2'})
if [ "$AC" = "off-line" ]; then
    cpufreq-set -c 0 -g powersave
    cpufreq-set -c 1 -g powersave
elif [ "$AC" = "on-line" ]; then
    cpufreq-set -c 0 -g ondemand
    cpufreq-set -c 1 -g ondemand
fi

So, I guess I did not need xfce4-power-manager to manage my CPU frequency after all. The only rotten thing here is that xfce4-cpufreq-plugin still won't let me change governors. And I have that notorious exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch startxfce4 line in my .xinitrc.

Last edited by teMplaryum (2011-02-05 09:18:41)

Online at:
Twit | Facebook | Blog

Registered Linux user #469726

Board footer