You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-25 22:25:10

CPUnltd
Website

Arch Mobile and ANY Archos device

has anyone tried this combination?  I'm sincerely wondering if Arch or Debian's ARM spinoff would run on something like the Archos 5 tablet running Android... but I can't seem to find any evidence online conclusive to it's success or failure... could anyone shed some light on this subject (particularly in the Arch Linux dept, but if anyone knows of any other ARM distro working (or failing) could you please post your knowledge here???

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

#2 2010-10-29 16:16:14

mikestaszel
Website

Re: Arch Mobile and ANY Archos device

Don't mean to poach or spam but stop by the PlugApps forum, lots of devices running Arch ARM there.

#3 2011-02-05 05:37:38

CPUnltd
Website

Re: Arch Mobile and ANY Archos device

if anyone knows how to unbrick an Archos 5 (gen6) device, I am willing to dedicate mine to this purpose (as of now, it is so useless to me, it's painful.. all it does is go into recovery, then reboot into recovery... I'm slightly pissed because Archos sent me back a different MID on my last RMA because the one I sent them had a screen protector (and a larger hard drive) and the one I got backcame with the peel-off crap that comes with a brand new device... but the one I got back refused to be recognized by any PC (regardless of OS) and now is stuck in a recovery loop... It's officially out of warranty now, so it doesn't matter what I do to it... (best $200, I ever spent... tongue)

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

Board footer