You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-16 22:27:09

utdemir

Oxygen-gtk error

I'm trying to use Oxygen-gtk, but when I try to change my theme from lxappearance or other applications, it doesn't set it and gives me that error:

(lxappearance:10441): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: plugin 'oxygen-gtk' failed to register type 'OxygenStyle'

I've tryed oxygen-gtk from community and oxygen-gtk-git from aur, same problem. What can I do?

#2 2010-12-17 01:53:09

Pyntux

Re: Oxygen-gtk error

I can not help you with that, maybe thats something KDE only problem or whatever, but you can use oxygen-molecule from AUR, it's very nice theme too, and very similar to real KDE oxygen...

Last edited by Pyntux (2010-12-17 01:53:59)

I do not speak English, but I understand...

#3 2010-12-17 13:40:54

utdemir

@Pyntux, thanks. I was using QtCurve, but oxygen-molecule is good too. But I've installed oxygen-gtk on my netbook(It is archlinux too), it worked perfectly and better than oxygen-molecule and QtCurve.

I'm looking forward to solution.

#4 2010-12-18 00:22:06

anrxc
Website

I built latest git code a few hours ago. It works fine (for the most part, minor bugs all around). This is the top of my ~/.gtkrc-2.0

include "/usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"
gtk-theme-name="oxygen-gtk"

You need to install an RTFM interface.

#5 2010-12-21 11:22:01

hpereira

Do you have a 64 bits machine ? if yes, have a look at the README file. You need an additional variable passed to cmake to have the theme installed at the right place.

The CMakeLists.txt would probably need some fixing/clean-up, but I (one of the oxygen-gtk devs) don't have the CMake+GTK skills to achieve this.

If you don't have a 64bits machine, please look at the end of the output of "make install", and check where the theme and config files are installed. Compare to other installed files.

#6 2010-12-21 18:17:52

utdemir

hpereira wrote:

Do you have a 64 bits machine ? if yes, have a look at the README file. You need an additional variable passed to cmake to have the theme installed at the right place.

Yes I have a x64 machine. I tried pass the variable, but still same error:

utdmr@utdmr-arch ~/foo/oxygen-gtk/src (git)-[master] % sudo make install
[100%] Built target oxygen-gtk
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: ""                                                                                                                                                                                         
-- Installing: /usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/liboxygen-gtk.so
-- Installing: /usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0/gtkrc
-- Installing: /usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0/icons4
-- Installing: /usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0/kdeglobals
-- Installing: /usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0/oxygenrc
-- Installing: /usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0/argb-apps.conf
-- Installing: /usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0/argb-blacklist.conf
-- Installing: /usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0/special-icons/standardbutton-closetab-16.png
-- Installing: /usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0/special-icons/standardbutton-closetab-down-16.png
-- Installing: /usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0/special-icons/standardbutton-closetab-hover-16.png

Everything seems okay, my theme path is true, tried "ln -s /usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/liboxygen-gtk.so /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/liboxygen-gtk.so", but nothing changed.

Any ideas?

#7 2010-12-21 18:36:47

hpereira

mmm. Not really. What's the contents of your $HOME/.gtkrc ? (or similar) ? (though I doubt there is any issue in there)

#8 2010-12-22 16:19:37

utdemir

hpereira wrote:

What's the contents of your $HOME/.gtkrc ? (or similar) ?

Here:

utdmr@utdmr-arch ~ % cat .gtkrc-2.0
# DO NOT EDIT! This file will be overwritten by LXAppearance.
# Any customization should be done in ~/.gtkrc-2.0.mine instead.

gtk-icon-theme-name="archlinux-kde"
gtk-font-name="UbuntuBeta   9.000000"
gtk-cursor-theme-size=0
gtk-toolbar-style=GTK_TOOLBAR_BOTH_HORIZ
gtk-toolbar-icon-size=GTK_ICON_SIZE_LARGE_TOOLBAR
gtk-button-images=1
gtk-menu-images=1
gtk-enable-event-sounds=1
gtk-enable-input-feedback-sounds=1
include "/home/utdmr/.gtkrc-2.0.mine"

It seems good, doesn't it? smile

#9 2010-12-22 16:44:53

hpereira

Not so sure.
Mine just contains:

include "/home/hpereira/.gtkrc.mine"

I'm suspicious about the fact that yours contains no mention about the /usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0/gtkrc file. Probably means that indeed the theme was not found at the time you changed it to oxygen-gtk.

Can you compare with what the file looks like when you select another style ? e.g. qtcurve ?

#10 2010-12-22 17:19:40

utdemir

hpereira wrote:

Not so sure.
Mine just contains:

include "/home/hpereira/.gtkrc.mine"

I'm suspicious about the fact that yours contains no mention about the /usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0/gtkrc file. Probably means that indeed the theme was not found at the time you changed it to oxygen-gtk.

Can you compare with what the file looks like when you select another style ? e.g. qtcurve ?

When selecting QtCurve, nothing changed except "gtk-theme-name", so I changed the file with yours. Now its working smile. I don't know why lxappearance didn't do that.

Thanks for your help.

#11 2011-02-07 02:36:58

Fadel

anrxc wrote:

I built latest git code a few hours ago. It works fine (for the most part, minor bugs all around). This is the top of my ~/.gtkrc-2.0

I was having the same problem as OP and I replaced my .gtkrc-2.0 file with what you posted and it worked flawlessly.

Board footer