You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-07 00:19:54

cookiecaper

Firefox file asoociations won't work in GNOME

I want Firefox to use the file associations from my GNOME desktop. I am using GNOME as the DE. As such, I obviously have libgnome installed. I've tried the other various fixes, including installing mozplugger, deleting mimeTypes.rdf, and using a clean profile, but Firefox is still using very wrong file associations. I have no intention of defining these all by hand in the Firefox properties window, I just want to figure out why it's not inheriting associations from the DE correctly. gnome-settings-daemon is running and the rest of the desktop works fine. I am using firefox-nightly, but don't have this issue elsewhere. Folders open in Cervisia, which is unhappy.

All help appreciated, thanks.

#2 2011-02-07 04:16:28

hellbuster
Website

Re: Firefox file asoociations won't work in GNOME

Try editing /usr/share/applications/defaults.list (or create it if it doesn't exist) with your default applications. Here is an example

[Default Applications]
application/pdf=evince.desktop;
image/svg+xml=eog.desktop;
image/png=eog.desktop;

#3 2011-02-07 05:28:50

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Firefox file asoociations won't work in GNOME

Or use xdg-mime to set them. Firefox relies on XDG and doesn't care about gnome-open (AFAICT).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer