You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-29 13:28:24

Discriminant

bitlbee-skype - porting from Frugalware or adding to AUR

BitlBee is an IRC interface to major IMs, such as Jabber/Gtalk, Yahoo Messenger!, AOL (also Facebook/Twitter).

One thing that it doesn't have out of the box is an interface to Skype.

I have found this: http://vmiklos.hu/project/bitlbee-skype/

The package is included in Frugalware (and Debian) and there are also instructions for compiling from source.

I have followed the instructions, but compiling it wouldn't produce "skyped" binaries, in fact, the only thing it produces is the module for BitlBee, stationed in the wrong path (./configure fails to accept the other --prefix).

Is it possible to somehow port it from Frugalware or if not, has anyone had any success modifying the source of it to work on Arch / what should be done? I want to add this to AUR and would appreciate if someone would hold my hand in the process.

Moderators: Feel free to move this to the newbie subforum if you find that it will be more appropriate there.

#2 2011-01-22 17:01:25

archman-cro
Website

Re: bitlbee-skype - porting from Frugalware or adding to AUR

I see there's also a patch from Frugalware, but it's used for some ooold version. 0.something.
I've tried fiddling with bitlbee-skype and Skype4Py today, wrote both PKGBUILDs, but I'll test them a little first before posting to AUR.
In short, I can't get it to work. I've tried the bitlbee -F but it still won't recognize it. All I get in bitlbee is "Unknown protocol"...

I'll reply again if I find something new.

#3 2011-02-08 20:15:54

archman-cro
Website

Re: bitlbee-skype - porting from Frugalware or adding to AUR

If anyone is willing to help and test skype4py and bitlbee-skype packages I did to see if it's working for you (it isn't for me, while the plugin works on other distributions) please just write here and I'll give you PKGBUILDs. Thanks in advance! smile

Board footer