You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-16 22:03:44

dpriedel

libreoffice slow

I tried running libreoffice instead of open office but I find that, for a spreadsheet I use, screen redraws are very slow. This was never an issue with openoffice.  In fact, I have uninstalled libreoffice and re-installed openoffice and everything behaves as expected.

Since libreoffice will likely replace openoffice, running openoffice doesn't seem like a long term solution.

My Arch system is fully updated.

Anyone else seeing this?

#2 2010-12-16 22:37:41

abarahc

Re: libreoffice slow

try this one

http://go-oo.org/

:}

user@localhost $ grep -rnw "." -e "hacking"

#3 2010-12-16 22:40:47

dyscoria

Go-oo is deprecated and has joined libreoffice...

I've noticed that libreoffice is not quite as snappy as openoffice, probably because I had to install Java to get it to run. Openoffice only has an optional dependency on Java, whereas libreoffice refused to start. I've gone back to Openoffice for now. I did try Abiword, but I don't know why but for me it couldn't perform the most simple of tasks without breaking along the way.

flack 2.0.6: menu-driven BASH script to easily tag FLAC files (AUR)
knock-once 1.2: BASH script to easily create/send one-time sequences for knockd (forum/AUR)

#4 2011-02-11 00:27:56

lagagnon
Website

I confirm that since my last update about two weeks ago, switching from OO to LibreOffice I find screen redraws in LibreOffice terribly slow. Anyone else?? Any ideas why?

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#5 2011-02-11 10:46:08

Cosmin

You can try to disable java (Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> Java -> uncheck 'Use a Java runtime environment'

Board footer