You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-11 20:20:21

MadEagle

[KDE] Auto close of CD/DVD tray

Hi all,

I am puzzled. The other day I tried to burn a CD for the first time after installing Arch on my system. I opened the tray of the DVD burner but either it opens and then again closes right away or it doesn't even open apart from making a short noise. I eventually got a CD in and tried to burn something with K3B but it failed. At first it was very slow but eventually the process completely stopped.

At first I thought it might be a hardware problem and bought a new burner but it shows the same behaviour. Then I tried a few things and found out that the problem is somehow related to KDE. If I just boot into the command line (remove KDM from DAEMON entry in /etc/rc.conf) everything works as designed. I can open the tray and it stays open, I can erase and burn discs using wodim, everything is fine. Then I start KDM and still the tray stays open. But after logging in the strange behavior explained above occurs.

At first I thought the culprit was the desktop search but that is completely disabled. Then I thought it was udev or something but that would also cause the problem without KDE. Now I am out of ideas.

Does anybody have any hints as to where I could look or even where I could find a solution?

Thanks, MadEagle

#2 2011-02-11 21:24:03

gedgon

Re: [KDE] Auto close of CD/DVD tray

Looks like Solid bug(s). Here is related bug report https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=264487

Board footer