You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-12 16:00:05

2handband

With Pulseaudio, no sound with other apps when jack is running

I need to be able to run other sound apps with Jack running (and, ideally, be able to route sound from those apps into Ardour via Jack). So I installed PulseAudio, along with pulseaudio-alsa, and blacklisted the snd_pcm_oss module as per the Arch wiki. At that point I logged out and back in and I still had sound in all my apps. I then set up pulseaudio over jack as per the Arch wiki instructions here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pu … rough_JACK

including the scripts for qjackctl. I now have sound only in my apps that use Jack; Ardour, for instance. Can anyone help? I'm using KDE 4.6 with the Phonon-VLC backend for sound.

#2 2011-02-13 14:01:05

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: With Pulseaudio, no sound with other apps when jack is running

Do some debugging first, please. The wiki instructions are really quite hackish (but there's no real good way to automate this as of now).

Kill pulseaudio, start jack (till here you're working fine I see), restart pulseaudio, try and load the jack modules and check qjackctl or pavucontrol to see if they're connected. If not, find the error logs and google them. Then come back here and ask more.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer