You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-11 02:09:25

webdawg

Compiz + XFCE4 - desktop launcher menu aka start menu delay/click

The little X down in the left hand corder.  I click it and the menu pops up like it is supposed to.  But when I head into the menu I usually click the submenu that I would want to go into "accessories" "development", etc.

The problem is that sometimes when I click the menu does not respond.  I have to move to another menu, hover, and then try again on another menu.

I have a feeling it may be something with my compiz settings.  I have it fully intergrated.  That is I do not use fusion-icon or whatever to load compiz...I configured it to hard run with XFCE4 via the XFCE config/xml file.

Any ideas?  I would even, for now, settle with the sub menus poping up instantaniously instead of with a delay.

Though I would like to fix it.

Thanks,

Web...

#2 2011-01-15 19:28:08

webdawg

Re: Compiz + XFCE4 - desktop launcher menu aka start menu delay/click

bump

#3 2011-01-26 06:54:14

virati

Not sure if this is the same issue but I saw a delay (not in time necessarily) with all the xfce menus; they wouldn't show up until after I clicked AND moved over some of the items. I switched on indirect rendering in compiz (fusion-icon, right click, compiz options) and it seems like it's better, though on occasion I do feel like there's the same delay issue. It's a lot less annoying though. Hope that helps...

#4 2011-02-15 02:50:04

webdawg

I will try that.  But with the latest update.  Seems to be working better.

Board footer