You are not logged in.

#1 2003-10-30 21:58:53

apeiro
Daddy
Website

New flag-out-of-date Feature on the website

We've added a button to the Package Details screen that allows you, the user, to flag packages as being "out of date", meaning that there is a later stable release available from the software's website.  This will set a flag in the package maintainer's database so s/he can upgrade it.

A couple things:  Flagging does help us out big time (it's hard to keep track of hundreds of packages), but please don't abuse it or mis-use it.  If you flag a package and it doesn't get updated within a few days, then the maintainer is either really busy, or has a good reason for holding it back.  If you're curious at that point, email the maintainer directly and ask.

Thanks all.

#2 2003-10-30 22:09:44

contrasutra

Re: New flag-out-of-date Feature on the website

Thanks Apeiro, this is something i've really wanted.

I'll be sure to flag them when I see them.

"Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat."

#3 2003-10-31 00:08:38

apeiro
Daddy
Website

Good point, Sarah.

To clarify things:

- If a package is out of date, flag it on the website (do not create a bug in the tracker)
- If a package is somehow broken, create a bug in the tracker (do not flag it out of date!)

#4 2003-11-01 01:09:15

contrasutra

Well, if the package was only updated within 12 hours, the persons cahce might not have updated.

Request:

Can you add a confirmation for the "flag packages out of date". Ive almost clicked the button twice now, and I dont want to annoy you. An "Are you sure?" would be helpful I think.

"Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat."

Board footer