You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-23 15:43:46

hugo_s.

Qt DBus qdbusviewer and RPCs

Hi everyone,

I've got an embedded platform running linux with some applications exporting dbus services on it. Some of these applications came with the linux distribution itself. Now I added some own applications exporting their own dbus services.
Now I'd like to use the following setup for testing:

- linux and all but one application (the one I'd like to test) running on the embedded platform
- since I've got no debugger for the embedded system, the application to be tested shall run on a linux PC using a TCP/IP tunneled interface to communicate with the services on the embedded platform

So far everything works fine (I've got the necessary tools for the dbus communication etc.) as long as I limit communication to the applications that came with the linux distribution for the embedded platform.
Communication with my own applications via dbus works only, if all of them (including the application under test) are installed on the embedded platform. I used the registering procedure as proposed by the qt api for the dbus classes (linking to an instance of QDBusAbstractAdaptor and registering the service and the object via QDBusConnection::sessionBus().registerService(...) and ...registerObject(...)). Using the qdbusviewer on the PC I also didn't manage to find the services I need, although they are registered (confirmed by own debug output on the embedded platform). As I said, everything works fine if all applications run on the platform.

Is there anything I need to do in addition, except using the AbstractAdaptor classes (generated with qdbusxml2cpp) and registering the service name and the dbus path, to get remote access to my dbus services?

Board footer