You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-24 16:05:52

mythus
Website

[SOLVED!] LibreOffice - Fatal Error won't load

Greetings,

My search-fu, google-fu, reading-through-the-forums-fu, and wiki-fu have all failed me thus far, so I come to you guys hoping you can assist me with figuring out this problem.

The Problem: LibreOffice refuses to load. It will show the splash screen, but after midway through the splash screen loading sequence it dies. I have tried loading it from the menu and console using various commands, one of which you will see in my pastebin, all with the same results.

Some History: I had openoffice installed originally, and was using it just fine working on some documents for my site. However yesterday it crashed and refused to load, pulling up a similar fatal error that I am getting now (may not be as similar... my memory isn't that great). Anyways, after ensuring that my system was up-to-date, I tried removing and reinstalling openoffice. No go. I then tried removing open office and installing libreoffice. At first I was getting all kinds of errors, most of which I was able to fix myself. However this one error remains.

System Information: I am running Arch Linux x64, using nouvela video driver. I have 8 GB DDR3 ram, AMD Athlon 2 2-core 3.0 Ghz processor, and am using KDE 4.6. Everything else is running smoothly. The only other issues I have deals more with my ISP provider (cableone) and it constantly dropping out at least once a day, for hours on end... however I doubt that is related to my LO issue.

Pastebin: For convenience here is my pastebin of the issue. It shows me attempting to run LibreOffice from command line using the command presented in the Wiki ( /usr/bin/soffice -writer ). The output is the fatal exception - signal 6 error....

http://pastebin.com/2AUb7yPJ

I appreciate any and all help on this matter, even if it is a simple smack on the head with a "you forgot to look here"... anything that can help me to see what I am not seeing here and come to a resolution. OpenOffice/LibreOffice is perhaps my most used piece of software, and I definetly need to be able to use it again so I can continue my work. So thanks again, for any and all help on this matter.

Update: After taking a break I came back to the problem, and quickly found the solution. It was such a simple issue really... it's almost embarrassing. The problem was that my primary mirror was out of date on certain things. Using the tool specified in the Mirrors wikipage, I updated my mirrors, updated my system and *poof* it worked.

Last edited by mythus (2011-02-24 20:54:29)

Legends of Nor'Ova - role playing community devoted to quality forum-based and table-top role play, home of the Legends of Nor'Ova Core Rule Book and Legends of Nor'Ova: Saga of Ablution steam punk like forum based RPG

Board footer