sacarde

Re: KDEMod3 Rebuild

drankinatty wrote:

Note, I updated today with the following repository

[kdemod3]
Server = http://rapinjam.com/beta/lefa/kdemod3/i686/

are this stable repository?

thankyou

Last edited by sacarde (2011-02-18 12:17:21)

#77 2011-02-18 15:10:58

darose

Doh!  You should have sync'ed up with drankinatty.  He just finished getting the packages built this week too.

At the very least though, you guys should merge your packages going forward.

#78 2011-02-18 16:42:35

pcxz

I have removed old kdemod3 3.5.10 and have reinstalled all packages for 3.5.12
Only, kcontrol not show any ..please fix this fast ..thx

P.S.
When install i see an error with kdemod3-kpim missed.

#79 2011-02-19 13:59:09

rayjgu3

great work! thanks
only issue I've come across so far is when I open My Computer, My Documents, or link to home<which I put on desktop<
I get an error message

Cannot find parent item $( kxdglauncher --getpath --xdgname DOCUMENTS ) in the tree. 
Internal error.

I've tried removing old .kde stuff but still get message

also Control Center aka kcontrol is there but blank & search pulls up nothing.

#80 2011-02-19 17:41:37

superchango

I  have a problem with consolekit:

-If i start KDEmod with KDM3 i can't automount usb pendrives but i can shutdown/reboot the PC.
-If i start KDEmod with GDM (or with "ck-launch-session startkde") i can automount pendrives but i can't shutdown/reboot from the menu.

:S

How do you start Kdemod session?

"Yo creo que los muertos son tiernos. ¿Nos besamos?"

#81 2011-02-20 00:12:19

rayjgu3

superchango wrote:

I  have a problem with consolekit:

-If i start KDEmod with KDM3 i can't automount usb pendrives but i can shutdown/reboot the PC.
-If i start KDEmod with GDM (or with "ck-launch-session startkde") i can automount pendrives but i can't shutdown/reboot from the menu.

:S

How do you start Kdemod session?

I start kdm3 via daemons in /etc/rc.conf.     using /etc/inittab  level 5 didnt work for me
as for mounting issues
put the device, mount point in /etc/fstab & creating the folder to be mounted.

#82 2011-02-21 08:55:34

pcxz

rayjgu3 wrote:

great work! thanks

Please elvaka, solve this BIG problem ..without kcontrol is impossible set options sad

#83 2011-02-21 09:36:27

pcxz

I remove all kdemod3 and reinstall ..this is error report (kdemod3-kdepim)

[root@localhost etc]# pacman -S kdemod3-complete kdemod3-kmplayer kdemod3-ktorrent kde-i18n-it
attenzione: il pacchetto è già stato selezionato (kde-l10n-it dipende da kde-i18n-it)
attenzione: kde-l10n-it-4.6.0-1 è aggiornato, sarà reinstallato
risoluzione delle dipendenze in corso...
attenzione: impossibile risolvere "kdemod3-kdepim-kaddressbook", una dipendenza di "kdemod3-kdeaddons-kaddressbook-plugins"
:: i seguenti pacchetti non possono essere aggiornati a causa di una dipendenza non risolvibile:
      kdemod3-kdeaddons-kaddressbook-plugins

#84 2011-02-21 10:48:31

myrlin

Thank you SO much for all your hard work, Elvaka.

I too am having the same problems with Konqueror (file manager mode) and kcontrol.

I have noticed on my machine that the menu links to all the kcontrol modules have appeared in the "Lost & Found" menu. I have successfully used them from there as a temporary work-around, so I hope this helps others.

Googling the Konqueror problem with the error message throws up a number of bug reports from other distros, and some fixes, which are beyond my level of knowledge, but I hope will provide a fast resolution in the hands of others with more ability smile

#85 2011-02-21 17:00:08

elvaka

Fixed kcontrol bug and kaddressbook-plugins broken dependency (I'm uploading i686 fixed packages, and building x86_64 ones right now).

The automount issue has been discussed before in this same thread.

#86 2011-02-22 13:48:38

myrlin

I'm sorry to say that I'm still having problems with kcontrol (or lack of it!).

I upgraded this morning but still get no entry for "Control Centre" on the menu. System>Info Centre gives the "Trinity Info Center" which has no entries. Meanwhle,  I still have a "Lost & Found" full of links to the Control Centre modules!

I've got a feeling that some paths have changed, and the upgrade is not handling these correctly. There are several other problems that I've noted so far that seem to support this idea (like the konqueror problem)

I guess these problems will need picking off one at a time, or should I delete all KDEmod3 and re-install (sound a bit MS to me!!!!)

I would be very grateful for any advice.

#87 2011-02-22 15:04:33

drankinatty
Website

Albert Vaca and I have arrived somewhat in the same place at the same time. Albert has updated kdemod3 to Trinity stable (3.5.12). I haven't tried it yet, but Great Job!

I have created PKGBUILDs for all Trinity svn modules that have been ported to cmake. They provide a great running desktop based on (3.5.13). The complete write-up is on the Trinity archwiki:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trinity

An Arch Linux - Trinity repo is also setup for the svn build with packages from 2/20/11 (i686) and 2/21/11 (x86_64). The links are on the wiki.

Note: If you want to build Trinity svn - you need to build in a clean environment (no KDE4/Qt4 or kdemod3) to prevent path and library conflicts. (details on the wiki) Also, make sure you use the 'Traditional PKGBUILDs' instead of the 'Build in Tree' PKGBUILDs (those were for rapid development)

I also have a *new* master build script for Trinity SVN (not yet linked to the wiki) that I'll write up today. It will build and install everything ported to cmake within the Trinity SVN tree.

That's it for now, I'm going to go give Albert's packages a try!

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

#88 2011-02-24 02:36:28

drankinatty
Website

pcxz wrote:
rayjgu3 wrote:

great work! thanks

Please elvaka, solve this BIG problem ..without kcontrol is impossible set options sad

From konsole or alt+f2, try running:

kbuildsycoca --noincremental

to rebuild the kde system config cache.

If that doesn't work, then try moving ~/.kde and ~/.kde3 and ~/.kde4 to some temporary directory. eg:

mkdir ~/tmp
mv ~/.kde* ~/tmp

Then go delete the existing kde sys config cache in /var/tmp/kdecache-$USER

This will force kdemod to regenerate its cache the next time it is started. Any existing cache in /var/tmp or any prior personal setting in ~/.kde* can cause the new kdemod3 based on Trinity to look for components in the wrong place.

For konqueror file management, try the following from either alt+f2 or the command line:

konqueror --profile filemanagement &

For the kde control center, just try

kcontrol

I've installed Albert's packages, but haven't had time to fully test. I'll report back after I've had a bit more time to look at it smile

#89 2011-02-24 03:00:02

drankinatty
Website

elvaka,

What do you think about changing the PKGBUILDs to specify pkgname=trinity-<module>  instead of kdemod3-<module>? The folks on the Trinity list have suggested that as something needed. It also makes sense since Chakra no longer provides either kdemod3 or kdemod for Arch Linux. For the svn packages, I have standardized around:

pkgbase=trinity
pkgname=trinity-<module>

(eg. pkgname=trinity-kdelibs)

If you want to do this, I'm more than happy to split the packages up with you and whoever else and help update the PKGBUILDs

Great job on the build!

#90 2011-02-24 11:37:58

myrlin

Thanks for your suggestions, drankinatty, but I'm afraid your suggestions do not seem to work for me, and I've found a further problems. To summarise:
(1) The konqueror problem as described above
(2) The kcontrol problem
(3) I am unable to mount an ntfs partition. I get the error message:
"The option 'locale=en_GB.UTF-8' is not allowed for uid="
This occurs for every user, including root, with the appropriate uid for each.

These problems are really serious for me, and I desperately need to get them fixed, so I any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

**EDIT** The konqueror problems seem to be limited to the System tab in konqueror. Other tabs seem to be OK.

Last edited by myrlin (2011-02-24 12:36:54)

#91 2011-02-24 14:51:51

azu

well, it seems repos were not updated correctly after the bugs of kcontrol & other were fixed: i had to manually download changed files from  http://vgafib.upc.es/kdemod3/i686 (for i686), because revision of pkgs was not increased (then pacman think that all files in cache are up to date in any case).

I've upgraded my kdemod some hours ago and still have no described troubles with kcontrol, konqueror and any type of mount/umount  FAT/NTFS-3g via konqueror/krusader.

Thanks to Albert Vaca for hard routine of porting to the trinity sources.

Last edited by azu (2011-02-24 15:42:00)

#92 2011-02-24 17:39:50

elvaka

azu wrote:

well, it seems repos were not updated correctly after the bugs of kcontrol & other were fixed: i had to manually download changed files from  http://vgafib.upc.es/kdemod3/i686 (for i686), because revision of pkgs was not increased (then pacman think that all files in cache are up to date in any case).

I've upgraded my kdemod some hours ago and still have no described troubles with kcontrol, konqueror and any type of mount/umount  FAT/NTFS-3g via konqueror/krusader.

Thanks to Albert Vaca for hard routine of porting to the trinity sources.

I forgot to increase the release numbers for the last fixes :-S Please, clean your pacman cache as a workarround... I'm sorry!

drankinatty wrote:

elvaka,

What do you think about changing the PKGBUILDs to specify pkgname=trinity-<module>  instead of kdemod3-<module>? The folks on the Trinity list have suggested that as something needed. It also makes sense since Chakra no longer provides either kdemod3 or kdemod for Arch Linux. For the svn packages, I have standardized around:

pkgbase=trinity
pkgname=trinity-<module>

(eg. pkgname=trinity-kdelibs)

If you want to do this, I'm more than happy to split the packages up with you and whoever else and help update the PKGBUILDs

Great job on the build!

I chose to keep the old package names to offer some continuity and avoid confusion, but I agree with that change.

#93 2011-02-24 20:40:33

assoricks

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I knew it will worth waiting for it.
Installed kdemod3 on my 64-bit archlinux VM in VMware Fusion.
Works like a charme!
KDE3 for the win!

Greetings from cold germany : assoricks

PS : I'm not a troll.. I'm just really happy! :-D

#94 2011-02-24 21:12:35

duendetuc

After upgrading my system I have problems with kdemod3-amarok:

amarok:     DeviceManager didn't return any devices, we are probably running on a non-KDE system. Trying to reinit media devices later
amarok: END__: MediaDeviceManager::MediaDeviceManager() - Took 0.0016s
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::insertKAccel( kaccel = 0x84b9050 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "play_pause"
amarokapp: symbol lookup error: /opt/kde/lib/libamarok.so.0: undefined symbol: _ZN11KSystemTray13loadSizedIconERK7QStringiP9KInstance

#95 2011-02-24 22:31:25

myrlin

Thank you for replying so quickly, Elvaka.

I will try the update this weekend.

#96 2011-02-25 02:23:18

MutantTurkey

On that note,

Trinity is making a lot of progress and we need people to keep sending in bug reports, problems, etc! Arch Linux is targeted for binary packages for 3.5.13 stable (which is due in April) so getting the brute force work of packaging Trinity will be better done now than later. There are bound to be some problems along the way, but only with your help we can make this possible.

If you run into any problems, please let us know via the Trinity Mailing List.

Thanks,
Calvin Morrison

#97 2011-02-25 14:32:23

myrlin

Please excuse my ignorance, but exactly how should I do the upgrade?

I have cleared the cache (pacman -Scc)
Re-synced the repositories (pacman -Syy)
Peformed a system upgrade (pacman -Syu)

But without success. My PC reports "nothing to do".

Do I have to remove some/all kdemod3 software and do a complete re-install?

Thank you, everyone, for your patience.

#98 2011-02-28 11:16:19

myrlin

Applying "pacman -Sy kdemod3" has corrected the kcontrol issue.

For some reason, I had "lost" ntfs-3g. I don't know where it went!! This has been re-installed, and the ntfs mount error has now been fixed. 

The only remaining issue is the Konqueror problem, which is irritating, but not critical. Any advice on this would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by myrlin (2011-02-28 14:32:02)

#99 2011-03-02 14:46:22

elvaka

rayjgu3 wrote:

great work! thanks
only issue I've come across so far is when I open My Computer, My Documents, or link to home<which I put on desktop<
I get an error message

Cannot find parent item $( kxdglauncher --getpath --xdgname DOCUMENTS ) in the tree. 
Internal error.

I've tried removing old .kde stuff but still get message

Try this: Open kcontrol, go to System Administration -> Paths and fill the "Documents path".

Last edited by elvaka (2011-03-02 14:48:30)

#100 2011-03-02 15:56:21

myrlin

Thanks for your reply, Elvaka.

I tried this, but Kcontrol does not accept the change. Every time I restart kcontrol, it resets the Documents path back to "/home/username"

Taking the error message, if I type the arguement in the brackets (i.e.kxdglauncher --getpath --xdgname DOCUMENTS)   into a terminal, I get:

/home/username/Documents/

If I type the full message (i.e. $( kxdglauncher --getpath --xdgname DOCUMENTS )), I get:

bash: /home/username/Documents/: is a directory.

Board footer