You are not logged in.

#26 2011-02-26 20:38:20

demonicmaniac

Re: Abandonware packaging

Thanks a bunch, I remember playing most of those games in Dos back in the day smile
Your hard work is highly appreciated, I'll see if i can possibly dig up some stuff on HOTU or similar for what's not on Abandonia yet.

#27 2011-02-27 04:55:56

W.F.Cody

demonicmaniac wrote:

Thanks a bunch, I remember playing most of those games in Dos back in the day smile
Your hard work is highly appreciated, I'll see if i can possibly dig up some stuff on HOTU or similar for what's not on Abandonia yet.

There is a native linux NWN client (I do run that sometimes, used to play on a RPG server (Exaria) an had lots of fun with it). I think you still need the game files though.

I will check if the client itself can be packaged. Perhaps I can use the union mount trick to make a separate "game files" directory where people can copy their legitimate game files. If NWN1 has officially turned abandonware, that would be great though smile

PS: For those conserned about the legality. I will from now on make sure that things pulled from Abandonia are tagged "freeware" or similar to avoid the shady legal areas. Already packaged games with unresolved status will remain however. Thanks for pointing out the potential risks. Ds.

My AUR packages
Any package of mine is up for grabs. If you think you could mantain it better - just contact me!

#28 2011-02-27 13:51:51

demonicmaniac

I just remembered another site where I got most of my abandonware isos from smile
old-games.ru , you can switch the site to english smile

Board footer