You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-26 17:30:32

Cagnulein
Website

[AUTOSOLVED] Pulseaudio doesn't find the audiocard

alsamixer -c0

shows my HDA ATI SB card (with alsa works great), but pacmd can't see anything (0 cards).
If i plug a bluetooth handset it works great with pulseaudio.
What could it be?
I've followed the wiki to setup it

Last edited by Cagnulein (2011-02-27 09:40:49)

#2 2011-02-27 09:41:32

Cagnulein
Website

Re: [AUTOSOLVED] Pulseaudio doesn't find the audiocard

solved!

sudo rmmod snd_hda_intel
sudo modprobe snd_hda_intel

#3 2011-02-27 14:36:41

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Sounds like you didn't restart your machine after installing pulseaudio, and something had your soundcard grabbed.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#4 2011-02-27 15:09:30

Cagnulein
Website

I wouldn't like to reboot my machine because it's a server, and reloading the module i've obtained my target.

#5 2011-02-27 18:26:21

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Cagnulein wrote:

I wouldn't like to reboot my machine because it's a server, and reloading the module i've obtained my target.

Fair enough, but if that's the case you should know what to expect (namely that updates may require more attention). The same would have happened with for example a video driver update (if your server has a display).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer