You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-27 18:49:35

jmak

./local/share/Trash problem deleting files[SOLVED]

I have a problem with ./local/share/Trash.

After a while, I noticed that I start running out of space. Then I found millions of files in the ./local/share/Trash. But I could not delete them either as user or root. Then by using the “rm -r” command I deleted the two files inside the Trash,  finally managing to remove the content of the Trash.
But after I couldn't delete files; I got the message “No thrash found”. Then I recreated the two files inside the Trash that I deleted earlier. Then when tried deleting files I got the message “Permission denied”.
After that, I changed the ownership of the Trash and all the files inside to “user”. Now I can delete files but I still cannot empty the content of the trash, either as user or root.

Any help how to solve this problem, I mean how to delete the content of the trash. I just want to be able to delete the content of the trash that's all I want.

When trying to remove the content I get this:

[root@myhost mak]# rm -r ~/.local/share/Trash/files/*
rm: cannot remove `/root/.local/share/Trash/files/*': No such file or directory
[root@myhost mak]#

Thanks,
jmak

Last edited by jmak (2011-02-27 19:25:52)

#2 2011-02-27 19:25:24

jmak

Re: ./local/share/Trash problem deleting files[SOLVED]

OK, the problem is solved. By using Shift + delete, I can delete the content of the Trash.

#3 2011-02-27 19:26:26

karol
Archivist

Re: ./local/share/Trash problem deleting files[SOLVED]

You are trying to remove root's trash: rm: cannot remove `/root/.local/share/Trash/files/*' so changing the ownership to user is a bad idea.

Edit: OK, glad you solved it.

Last edited by karol (2011-02-27 19:28:05)

Board footer