You are not logged in.

#176 2011-02-27 10:11:15

jarryson

Re: Ayatana Project on Archlinux - official thread

I met a problem using pidgin and indicator.

when pidgin receive a new message, i can open the conversation window in indicator-message menu. but when i try to close this chat window, the window become blank( all the contents disappear ), and i have to click the close button again to close this window.

then if pidgin receive another message, pidgin will crash. but if i open the conversation window from pidgin, it will be all fine.

This is a really annoying issue, anyone knows how to solve it or have the same problem?

#177 2011-02-27 16:07:57

jarryson

And about gnome-globalmenu package, hope add the following patch to shut debug information down, or there will be really a lot of debug info in .xsession-errors

http://pastebin.com/rGLaUk1R

and gnome-panel-bonobo should not be a dependency, cause globalmenu can be integrated into the Main Menu applet.

#178 2011-02-27 17:12:22

City-busz
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

jarryson wrote:

And about gnome-globalmenu package, hope add the following patch to shut debug information down, or there will be really a lot of debug info in .xsession-errors

http://pastebin.com/rGLaUk1R

and gnome-panel-bonobo should not be a dependency, cause globalmenu can be integrated into the Main Menu applet.

done

#179 2011-02-28 13:14:53

City-busz
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Now, we have

• 14 applications that uses application indicator,

• 13 applications that uses Messaging Menu and

• 2 applications that uses Sound Menu

in [ayatana] repo.

The full list can be found here: http://arch.ballogyorgy.com/#ayatana

I've also tried to add the following packages to the repo, but

#180 2011-02-28 14:13:27

jarryson

i can't get http://repo.ayatana.info/ayatana.db.tar.gz, alway 403 error.

hope add transmission(with indicator support) and qt appmenu, indicator-touchpad, firefox globalmenu-extension

#181 2011-02-28 14:37:55

City-busz
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

jarryson wrote:

i can't get http://repo.ayatana.info/ayatana.db.tar.gz, alway 403 error.

Thanks, I fixed permissions now. (I'll have to modify my upload process.)
More packages will coming soon.

#182 2011-02-28 20:13:08

City-busz
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Now I added application indicator support for transmission-gtk and tomboy.
indicator-touchpad is not works for me, it drops an error when I launch. And I don't know how to build firefox globalmenu-extension, so if someone send me a working PKGBUILD, I'll add it.

#183 2011-02-28 22:52:50

dcc24

I'd like to announce that, thanks to a build box donation, we will have x86_64 packages in the [ayatana] repo soon. Stay tuned.

In the mean time, if you experience any problems with the repo, please say so here or contact me directly. The server is undergoing some maintenance (I have several websites running off that server) and it might disappear for a few hours today.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)

My AUR packages

#184 2011-03-01 19:55:37

Ptiwee

Thanks for the depo smile
Anyway I got some problems :
- Metacity is really buggy (ugly border + wrong buttons position)
- Connman refuse to work, got this error :

dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.moblin.connman was not provided by any .service files

#185 2011-03-01 19:57:39

dcc24

Thanks for the feedback. What you are desribing about metacity is not a bug, it's the way ubuntu (and hence ayatana) packages it. You can revert the button positions through gconf.

I don't use connman so I can't replicate the error. Maybe someone else can help with that.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)

My AUR packages

#186 2011-03-01 20:11:56

Ptiwee

The problem in metacity can be seen on this 2 pictures :
Extra repo :
extrav.th.png

Ayatana repo :
ayatana.th.png

This problem seems to be due to gtk-window-decorator with compiz, it may need to be patched. I don't see those bugs with only metacity.

Last edited by Ptiwee (2011-03-01 20:13:05)

#187 2011-03-02 00:23:49

City-busz
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Elementary on Arch Linux!

Now I added some packages from Elementary Project to [ayatana] repo. You can found the following packages:
Artwork:

• elementary-icon-theme

• elementary-wallpapers

• gnome-theme-elementary

• ttf-droid (default font of elementary desktop)

Applications:

• covergloobus: a simple application to show the cover and the info of what is playing in your favorite player

• dexter: a sexy, simple address book with end users in mind

• gloobus-preview: an extension of Gnome designed to enable a full screen preview of any kind of file

• nautilus-gloobus-preview: little Nautilus extension created using nautilus-python, that bind any key to gloobus-preview

• postler: a super sexy, ultra simple desktop mail client built in vala

• purple: the sexiest dictionary on Earth and Jupiter

Metapackages will coming soon!

#188 2011-03-02 05:09:25

dcc24

@Ptiwee: Oh, I was only using metacity. Does it happen with other window decorations as well?

Can anyone using compiz reproduce the problem?

My AUR packages

#189 2011-03-02 07:20:31

dcc24

Some statistics on the [ayatana] repo:

As of today, the repo has 1GB / day average bandwidth utilization. Considering we only have i686 packages, and the entire repo is just a few MBs, this means there are actually a lot of Arch'ers using this repo smile

For those of you who mailed me about 64 bit packages: I'm having some difficulties with some of the x86_64 packages, so the 64 bit repo might be delayed a bit.

My AUR packages

#190 2011-03-02 17:48:01

City-busz
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Now I added some more metapackages to [ayatana] repo. With these packages you can simply switch between themes, fonts, panel layouts etc.
GNOME:

• gnome-artwork-meta: the official GNOME icon theme + extra themes and backgrounds.

• gnome-desktop-meta: all official package from GNOME DE.

Ubuntu:

• ubuntu-artwork-meta: Ubuntu's official themes, sounds, backgrounds and font. You can activate/deactivate with 'ubuntu-theme {set|unset}' command*.

• gnome-panel-ubuntu-meta: the default panel layout with indicators and Notify OSD. Could be activated/deactivated by 'gnome-panel-ubuntu {set|unset}' command*.

• ubuntu-desktop-meta: most of packages which can be found in the official Ubuntu release.

Elementary:

• elementary-artwork-meta: the popular Elementary's GNOME theme with Droid font and some nice, high quality backgrounds. You can activate/deactivate with 'elementary-theme {set|unset}' command*.

• gnome-panel-elementary-meta: similar to Ubuntu's default panel layout, but the bottom panel replaced by Docky.  Can be activated/deactivated by 'gnome-panel-elementary {set|unset}' command*.

• elementary-desktop-meta: similar to ubuntu-desktop, but it uses Abiword word processor, Dexter contact manager, Gloobus Preview file viewer, Gnumeric spreadsheet, Midori web browser, Purple dictionary and Postler mail client.

*WARNING: these commands overwrite all existing theme/panel settings of the current user! I recommend you to create a new user to test these commands.

#191 2011-03-03 09:14:27

jarryson

thanks for everything.

A little problem: some packages' integrities checked failed, such as gnome-session, gnome-screensaver

#192 2011-03-05 14:25:10

Berseker

here there are listed many cool indicator that it would be awesome to see in the ayatana repo wink
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/01/the- … r-applets/

also this one can be useful
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/09/comp … n-a-click/

Last edited by Berseker (2011-03-06 06:56:27)

#193 2011-03-07 15:36:55

Majkhii

Hi...any news with x86_64 repo?

Proud to be ArchLinux64 user.

configs: http://github.com/Mihairu/config-files/tree/master
current desktop: here

#194 2011-03-09 00:37:57

City-busz
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Linux Mint on Arch Linux!
After a lot of work, Linux Mint packages are available in [ayatana] repo. I had to disable some package management functionality in applications, because we have pacman instead of apt. The list of packages:
Artwork:

• mint-artwork-gnome-meta: Linux Mint's official themes, sounds, backgrounds. You can activate/deactivate with 'mint-theme {set|unset}' command*.

• gnome-theme-mint

• mint-artwork-gnome-extra

• mint-backgrounds-helena

• mint-backgrounds-isadora

• mint-backgrounds-julia

• mint-elementary-icon-theme

• mint-icon-theme

• mint-sounds

Panel:

• gnome-panel-mint-meta: the default panel layout with Mint Menu and Notify OSD. Could be activated/deactivated by 'gnome-panel-mint {set|unset}' command*.

• mintmenu: one of the most advanced menus under Linux

Applications:

• mint-desktop-gnome-meta: most of packages which can be found in the official Linux Mint release.

• mint-translations: translation files for Linux Mint's applications (including Mint Menu)

• mintbackup: easily backup and restore your personal data

• mintdesktop: configures some aspects of the Gnome desktop

• mintnanny: blocks outgoing traffic towards chosen domain names using /etc/hosts

Gnome Colors artwork: a complete, multi-colored suite of themes and icons for Linux:

• gnome-colors-icon-theme

• gnome-colors-icon-theme-extras

• gnome-theme-shiki-colors

• gnome-theme-shiki-colors-murrine

*WARNING: these commands overwrite all existing theme/panel settings of the current user! I recommend you to create a new user to test these commands.

All these packages are platform-independent, so you can install them on x86_64 also.

Last edited by City-busz (2011-03-09 12:03:30)

#195 2011-03-09 05:39:08

dcc24

Majkhii wrote:

Hi...any news with x86_64 repo?

I'm having some employment problems IRL, so the repo will have to wait a little bit more.

My AUR packages

#196 2011-03-09 08:50:52

paulburton
Website

I just built the majority of the packages for x86_64, though this is mostly untested it's also mostly a straight recompile of the ayatana repository so should mostly be fine. A few packages failed to build and I haven't had time to fix them yet, but they're nothing I personally care about anyway.

[ayatana]
Server = http://www.paulburton.eu/arch/ayatana-x86_64

Note that it's still uploading, you might get 404s for the next ~20 minutes. And I'm about to head to work, so if something goes wrong it's tough luck until I get back. Enjoy smile

#197 2011-03-09 08:59:04

dcc24

@paulburton: As it is unclear when I can resume my work on x86_64 packages, would you be interested in maintaining the 64 bit repo? I can give you upload rights to the repo.

My AUR packages

#198 2011-03-09 14:23:37

jarryson

libnotify in testing already update to 0.7.1, many package should be recompiled for it.

#199 2011-03-10 03:17:16

hellnest
Website

glib2 package on 32Bit repo is corrupted, it's failed to pass integrity check. Re-Download for more than 20times but still same

roll Snapping my own life roll
hmmgithubhmm
coolMyBlogcool

#200 2011-03-10 03:52:26

City-busz
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

@paulburton: that's great! Could you keep this repo up to date? What packages are not built? I know that smuxi not build with mono 2.10 (it requires 2.8).

@jarryson: I know about libnotify 0.7 rebuild. I'll start patching packages, but it would be useful if someone send me some patches.

@jarryson, @hellnest: did you cleaned up your cache? If you used [ayatana] repo between 2011-02-20 and 2011-02-26, then you have to remove these packages from pacman's cache. Details: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 54#p896554

Board footer