You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-20 20:18:19

shadowed87

Kde 4.6 hibernation/suspend when battery critical level not working

Hello everyone...

I'm using arch (wonderful, perfect, unique, blablabla) for a while now, on my two laptops: dell xps m1530, and asus 1001px.
No problem at all with both...exept for suspend and hibernation (WHICH WORK!!)...
yes suspend and hibernation work if I activate them manually, or after the defined waiting time..
BUT...
if I wait for my computer battery to go below the critical level, and after kde notifies me that my computer is going in hibernation/suspend, it doesn't happen anything...
the screen just turns black and I think kde doesn't even call the pm-suspend/hibernate commands...I can still unlock the screen and continue to work but the battery goes down to 0 and the computers turn off(obviously if I don't hibernate or shut it down before)..ARGH!

that is my problem...any thoughts?
thanks in advance smile

#2 2011-02-20 20:20:28

shadowed87

Re: Kde 4.6 hibernation/suspend when battery critical level not working

i forgot: of course powerdevil is set to put the computer in hibernation when the battery level is critical

#3 2011-03-04 20:21:23

darkbeanies

Re: Kde 4.6 hibernation/suspend when battery critical level not working

Hello, I have excellent solution:

In power management settings, change the action when battery level is critical to "do nothing"

Then, in global settings, click "configure notifications"

For "critical battery", check "run command", and enter:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.UPower" /org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.Hibernate

(I think that's the command, anyway!  Maybe check the wiki)

Board footer