You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-08 17:36:35

lagagnon
Website

Boot msg: phc-k8 fatal: module not found

After my second last upgrade I notice this boot message: FATAL: phc-k8, module not found.
In my rc.conf I load the "powernow-k8" module, it loads successfully and it looks like CPU scaling is working just fine. In /etc/modprobe.d there is a file "phc-k8.conf" which contains this:

#  To use the direct_transitions functionality of the phc-k8 driver,
#  uncomment the next line:
#options phc-k8 direct_transitions=1

#  We want to use the phc-k8 driver instead of the unmodified powernow-k8 driver
install powernow-k8 /sbin/modprobe phc-k8 || { /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install powernow-k8; }

#  The next two lines prevent the kernel from crashing:
remove powernow-k8 /sbin/modprobe -r cpufreq_stats && { /sbin/modprobe --ignore-remove -r powernow-k8 ; }
remove phc-k8 /sbin/modprobe -r cpufreq_stats && { /sbin/modprobe --ignore-remove -r phc-k8 ; }

Which seems strange as powernow-k8 works fine. Any ideas why I am getting the boot message about phc when I cannot find anywhere that requests loading that module?

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#2 2011-03-08 18:20:03

nTia89
Banned

Re: Boot msg: phc-k8 fatal: module not found

if with the update you have update the kernel, i think you must recompile phc-k8 module

+pc: custom | AMD Opteron 175 | nForce4 Ultra | 2GB ram DDR400 | nVidia 9800GT 1GB | ArchLinux x86_64 w/ openbox
+laptop: Apple | MacBook (2,1) | 2GB ram | Mac OS X 10.4 -> DIED
+ultrabook: Dell | XPS 13 (9343) | 8GB ram | 256GB ssd | FullHD display | Windows 8.1 64bit ArchLinux x86_64 w/ Gnome

Board footer