You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-08 22:13:09

JamieKitson
Website

No Flash Audio When netcfg Starts Firefox

Hi,

my machine is a bit slow to bring up wireless, so I added a POST_UP hook to start Firefox once it is up. This worked well until recently when Flash audio stopped working when Firefox is started in this way. If I start firefox manually Flash audio is fine. I tried moving alsa to the beginning of the DEAMONS rc.conf line and no backgrounding it, but that didn't help. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks, Jamie

#2 2011-03-09 00:58:51

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: No Flash Audio When netcfg Starts Firefox

Don't do this, you're running firefox as root.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2011-03-09 10:09:28

JamieKitson
Website

I'm not that stupid, I sudoed it.

Last edited by JamieKitson (2011-03-09 10:10:42)

#4 2011-03-09 16:05:18

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

It would probably help if you posted exactly what you're doing. And the 'alsa daemon' only restores your volume etc, doesn't actually start the alsa subsystem.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer