You are not logged in.

#201 2011-03-10 05:37:29

jarryson

Re: Ayatana Project on Archlinux - official thread

notify-osd doesn't need recompile(and recompile need patch), network-manager-applet-indicator doesn't need patch. pidgin-libnotify need patches for libnotify 0.7.

--- src/pidgin-libnotify.c
+++ src/pidgin-libnotify.c
@@ -286,7 +286,15 @@
         return;
     }

+#ifdef NOTIFY_CHECK_VERSION
+#if NOTIFY_CHECK_VERSION (0, 7, 0)
+    notification = notify_notification_new (title, tr_body, "notification-message-im");
+#else
     notification = notify_notification_new (title, tr_body, "notification-message-im", NULL);
+#endif
+#else
+    notification = notify_notification_new (title, tr_body, "notification-message-im", NULL);
+#endif
     purple_debug_info (PLUGIN_ID, "notify(), new: "
                      "title: '%s', body: '%s', buddy: '%s'\n",
                      title, tr_body, best_name (buddy));

#202 2011-03-10 20:48:05

paulburton
Website

dcc24 wrote:

@paulburton: As it is unclear when I can resume my work on x86_64 packages, would you be interested in maintaining the 64 bit repo? I can give you upload rights to the repo.

Sure thing, I'm using it myself so it's not a problem to upload everything after build. Do you keep the PKGBUILDs in version control somewhere? I've not really done anything serious with arch packaging before beyond a few submissions to the AUR so I'm still figuring things out but is there some existing way to build all the packages? Or do you do it manually? For my initial build of the repo I wrote a script that sets up a chroot and builds all the packages in it then copies them out and generates the repo db - does something like this already exist? If not I'll improve and maintain it. General question really, I should just go read the wiki smile

City-busz wrote:

@paulburton: that's great! Could you keep this repo up to date? What packages are not built? I know that smuxi not build with mono 2.10 (it requires 2.8).

The ones that failed were:

banshee-community-extensions-1.8.0-2.src.tar.gz
emerillon-0.1.2-1.src.tar.gz
emerillon-plugins-git-20110118-1.src.tar.gz
gnome-main-menu-0.9.15-1.src.tar.gz
lightning-1.0b2-1.src.tar.gz
luckygps-0.751-1.src.tar.gz
mono-jay-2.8.2-1.src.tar.gz
pdfmod-0.9.0-2.src.tar.gz
smuxi-0.8-4.src.tar.gz
tasque-0.1.9-1.src.tar.gz

#203 2011-03-12 13:24:16

Berseker

network-indicator is going to look very nice
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/03/indi … -in-natty/

does it work for you? I tried to use connman with no luck, I'm stuck with the old, ugly but working wicd for now...

#204 2011-03-12 14:31:28

dcc24

Berseker wrote:

network-indicator is going to look very nice
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/03/indi … -in-natty/

does it work for you? I tried to use connman with no luck, I'm stuck with the old, ugly but working wicd for now...

A quick workaround for wicd uglyness, is to build "wicd-mono-icons" from AUR [1] and install with "pacman -Uf".

[1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=46482

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)

My AUR packages

#205 2011-03-12 15:39:07

zephyr

I have uploaded lo-menubar to AUR:

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=47337

It works mostly fine here. Blogger extension breaks it, icons in menus and the startcenter are not supported. Minor stuff in my opinion.

Also please note that I have created a patch for it to compile with glib 2.28 so updating it to a newer version could be problematic until Gnome 3 gets in extra.

#206 2011-03-13 23:51:39

paulburton
Website

If anyone's interested, I cleaned up the script I used to build my copy of the repo and put it on github. To test it out, I rebuilt everything for both x86_64 and i686 so my repository changed to:

[ayatana]
Server = http://www.paulburton.eu/arch/ayatana/$arch

and (obviously) contains packages for both x86_64 and i686. I'm only using x86_64 packages personally but they're built from the same sources so the i686 ones should be identical to the ones at ayatana.info really. With the exception of the ones that didn't build.

#207 2011-03-14 15:46:22

dcc24

@paulburton: Archivist seems very nice to do this job. Would you be interested in maintaining the x86_64 packages on ayatana.info? This way we can have a centralized location for all things Ayatana-on-Arch. If you are interested, I can set up some upload rights.

Also: Do you have a list of packages that didn't build on x86_64? If so, do you also have the error messages? Ideally, we should have the repos synchronized, so I'll try to work on failed packages.

Last edited by dcc24 (2011-03-14 16:48:04)

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)

My AUR packages

#208 2011-03-14 16:45:57

City-busz
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

@Ptiwee: connman works for me. Now I fixed indicator-network to use the new D-Bus address. Unfortunately I can't help with compiz related problems, because the drivers for my video cards have broken 3D support, so I can't run compiz.

@Berseker: more indicators will be added as soon as I finished libnotify 0.7 rebuild. The new network-indicator will be added to the repo once dbusmenu 0.4 released.

@zephyr: thanks, I'll add them to the repo.

@paulburton: nice work, your script is very useful. You can find all PKGBUILDs in this github repo: https://github.com/City-busz/Arch-Linux-Repository
I think also that [ayatana] repos should be synchronized somehow. (Like Arch devs do: one 'master' repo, mirrors, upload scripts etc.). And you can save disk space by using a separated 'any' directory, and use symlinks in i686 and x86_64 directories.

I'll close [ballo] repo, because I can't upload larger files to it's server, and I've added all packages to [ayatana] repo also.

#209 2011-03-14 17:14:47

CmdKewin

Speaking of x86-64... Any idea why the evolution-indicator isn't working properly? I mean, the entry in evolution's plugin list is greyed out and there's no way to activate it... The icon shows up in the applet, but the space where the email counter should be is empty...

Other than that, great work smile And keep up!

Last edited by CmdKewin (2011-03-14 17:15:49)

#210 2011-03-14 19:30:37

paulburton
Website

dcc24 wrote:

@paulburton: Archivist seems very nice to do this job. Would you be interested in maintaining the x86_64 packages on ayatana.info? This way we can have a centralized location for all things Ayatana-on-Arch. If you are interested, I can set up some upload rights.

Also: Do you have a list of packages that didn't build on x86_64? If so, do you also have the error messages? Ideally, we should have the repos synchronized, so I'll try to work on failed packages.

Yeah I'd be happy to upload there, feel free to PM or email me (paulburton89@gmail.com). The build logs for the failed packages are in the repo at http://www.paulburton.eu/arch/ayatana/x86_64/ - the files named fail-*.log. Interestingly a few less packages failed for i686. There were also some minor changes I made to a few of the packages to get them to build properly (I remember something mono related needing a perl xml script installed to parse an api definition, there were a couple of other minor things like that too), but I'm not at the box I performed the build on right now. I'll diff them when I am.

City-busz wrote:

@paulburton: nice work, your script is very useful. You can find all PKGBUILDs in this github repo: https://github.com/City-busz/Arch-Linux-Repository
I think also that [ayatana] repos should be synchronized somehow. (Like Arch devs do: one 'master' repo, mirrors, upload scripts etc.). And you can save disk space by using a separated 'any' directory, and use symlinks in i686 and x86_64 directories.

Thanks, I spotted your git repository after I asked and used it when building the packages last smile Actually archivist can take the git url, clone and build all in one step but it didn't quite work out as I ended up removing the ubuntu-testing directory. Perhaps an "ignore this directory" option is in order smile True, the arch-independant packages are all built twice by archivist at the moment. That can be improved.

#211 2011-03-14 19:47:37

dcc24

@paulburton: All right, I'll set you up and send an email.

But first, we need to restructure ayatana.info for a multi-architecture layout. I'll make the necessary changes tomorrow (it's late here).

My AUR packages

#212 2011-03-15 12:48:56

CmdKewin

Hi guys smile Solved my problem with the evolution-indicator plugin: the debug log (CAMEL_DEBUG=all evolution >& debug.log) showed a missing shared library, "libnotify.so.1". It was just then a matter of creating a symbolic link, ln -s /usr/lib/libnotify.so.4.0.0 /usr/lib/libnotify.so.1. Now the applet indicator works properly smile

#213 2011-03-15 14:13:25

City-busz
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

@paulburton: please send me your minor fixes in a patch or pull request. I would like to review and apply them to my git repo. ontv and postler should be build now, other packages will be fixed soon.

@CmdKewin: because [ayatana] repo not yet rebuilt for libnotify 0.7. I'm working on it, and the rebuilt packages will be available in a new [ayatana-testing] repo.

#214 2011-03-16 13:38:54

City-busz
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

After a lot of work, I rebuilt all packages for libnotify 0.7. Now libnotify 0.7 moved to [extra], therefore I updated these packages in [ayatana] repo on ayatana.info, so you can safely update to libnotify 0.7. The only problem is that pino package not build with vala 0.11.6, so I may remove them from the repo.

I added application indicator support for some more gnome applications, so if you use indicator-applet, then "systray icons" are shown in there instead of notification area:
- brasero
- gnome-bluetooth
- gnome-settings-daemon
- gnome-power-manager
- nautilus
- vino

I patched  gnome-power-manager and gnome-settings-daemon-pulse also to support synchronous notifications, so when you set brightness or volume, you'll see Notify OSD bubbles.

#215 2011-03-18 07:32:21

jarryson

http://repo.ayatana.info/ayatana.db can not download again.

#216 2011-03-18 07:35:50

dcc24

jarryson wrote:

http://repo.ayatana.info/ayatana.db can not download again.

That was a permissions error, should be fixed now.

My AUR packages

#217 2011-03-18 07:56:43

jarryson

Another problem, gnome-display-properties did not work here with gnome-settings-daemon in ayatna repo ( no matter 2.32.1-3.1 or 2.32.1-4.1 ). Can not show system tray or indicator icon or change screen resolution here.

with arch official gnome-settings-daemon it works fine.

PS: libdbusmenu is a bit too old, why not update to the lastest version?

Last edited by jarryson (2011-03-18 08:36:23)

#218 2011-03-18 16:54:56

hellnest
Website

Indicator-sound isn't working. Only show gray icon. Do i need pulse-audio to make it workin or?

roll Snapping my own life roll
hmmgithubhmm
coolMyBlogcool

#219 2011-03-18 16:57:18

dcc24

hellnest wrote:

Indicator-sound isn't working. Only show gray icon. Do i need pulse-audio to make it workin or?

Yes, you need pulseaudio.

My AUR packages

#220 2011-03-18 16:58:53

dcc24

jarryson wrote:

PS: libdbusmenu is a bit too old, why not update to the lastest version?

Current "stable packages" are for Ubuntu 10.10. The ayatana repo will always follow the latest "stable" Ubuntu release. The latest libdbusmenu is for Ubuntu 11.04, so when that is released, all packages will be updated accordingly.

At some point, we plan on having a "testing" repo that will have the bleeding edge packages.

My AUR packages

#221 2011-03-22 16:52:31

City-busz
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

New packages in [ayatana] repo:

• guayadeque: media player and organizer with Sound Menu (indicator-sound) support

• picapy: photo manager for Picasa Web Albums

• ubuntuone-client: online file storage and sharing system

• uget: download manager

And lo-menubar will be added to the testing/unstable repo, because it depends on libdbusmenu 0.4.
----

@jarryson: I can't reproduce this problem.

#222 2011-03-24 11:40:06

jarryson

seems uget did not compiled with indicator and aria2c support?

Last edited by jarryson (2011-03-24 11:40:30)

#223 2011-03-24 13:11:21

City-busz
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

jarryson wrote:

seems uget did not compiled with indicator and aria2c support?

I built the latest stable release (1.6.2), which has no indicator and aria2c support. These will come in version 1.8.0.

#224 2011-03-24 13:39:20

Cosmin

will unity be in this repo? big_smile

#225 2011-03-24 13:44:11

City-busz
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

New packages in [ayatana] repo:

• audio-recorder: audio recorder that allows you to record your favourite music and audio to a file (with application indicator support)

• desktopnova: you can change your desktop background image easily after an adjustable time

• desktopnova-module-gnome: GConf module for DesktopNova

• desktopnova-module-xfce: XfConf module for DesktopNova

• desktopnova-tray: Tray icon for DesktopNova

• faenza-icon-theme: this icon theme for Gnome provides monochromatic icons for panels, toolbars and buttons and colourful squared icons for devices, applications, folder, files and Gnome menu items

• hotot: lightweight, flexible microblogging client (with application indicator support)

• indicator-caffeine: a status bar application able to temporarily prevent the activation of both the screensaver and the sleep powersaving mode

• indicator-clipit: lightweight, fully featured GTK+ clipboard manager

• indicator-desktopnova: an indicator for desktopnova

• indicator-displex: AppIndicator Icon for display controls

• indicator-google-reader: a google reader indicator

• indicator-my-weather: A simple indicator for the weather

• indicator-touchpad: an indicator to show the status of the touchpad, and to enable and disable the touchpad. (I can't test them, because I don't have a touchpad.)

• indicator-ubuntuone: a community implementation of Ubuntu One plugin for Application Indicators

• mozplugger: provides a minimalist, clean and stable general purpose Mozilla plugin module that allows the user to embed and launch their favourite application to handle the various different types of media found on the Internet

• retext: simple text editor for MarkDown syntax

• synapse: a semantic launcher written in Vala that you can use to start applications as well as find and access relevant documents and files by making use of the Zeitgeist engine (with application indicator support)

• xnoise: media player for Gtk+ with a slick GUI, great speed and lots of features (with indicator-sound support)

Board footer