You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-13 21:03:54

mhertz

AIF automatic profile and extlinux?

I wanted to ask if the new change of selecting between grub and extlinux in AIF will also influence the automatic profile?

I haven't tested one of the tests builds yet, as I have no need for a reinstall currently, but I just wanted to know out of sheer curiousness, so that I know it the next time I need to reinstall, as I always use the automatic AIF profile...

To reiterate my question, then i'm reffering to that several AIF system files have been changed, including the interactive profile, but I couldn't see any changes being made to either the automatic profile or it's example scripts, which currently is setup for grub only...

Thanks in advance!

#2 2011-03-18 08:17:02

mhertz

Re: AIF automatic profile and extlinux?

...Polite bump in the hope that dieter will notice it, as i'm not feeling confident about bothering him privatelly...

Btw, i'm just asking if there are any plans for adding extlinux support to the automatic profile(and update the example scripts), or if there isn't?

I'm not complaining at all, and don't mind grub legacy whatsoever, but just simply curious?

Thanks in advance,

Martin.

#3 2011-03-18 16:17:16

Dieter@be
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: AIF automatic profile and extlinux?

you're right, the automatic procedure should support syslinux as well.
if this is not the case yet (I don't know the code by heart) somebody should fix it

Last edited by Dieter@be (2011-03-18 16:17:42)

< Daenyth> and he works prolifically
4 8 15 16 23 42

Board footer