You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-03 17:27:51

Acce

[SOLVED] Another problem with iBus

Hello everyone, I have few small problems regarding iBus.

First, on my desktop comp running on Arch typing in flash applications is impossible. Only thing I am able to type in sharedtalk.com is my password, which certainly is weird. But, flash+iBus works quite well on my laptop, also running on arch, and on both systems iBus, iBus-anthy and flashplugin packages are exactly same version, the latest. Might I be missing some other package that affects this?

I had some problems on my laptop earlier but they seemed to have been fixed. Considering it won't work on my desktop computer however, it's weird.

Second, iBus messes ctrl+C copying from skype, which is really minor issue, but still annoying. Otherwise it works perfectly in Skype.
Third, there seem to be some issues in mousepad, but this seems to have been reported and considered mousepad problem: http://code.google.com/p/ibus/issues/detail?id=1192

Anyways, if iBus is closed, all these issues are solved, but then I'm not able to type japanese, which becomes an issue.
iBus works very well in all other applications I've tried.

Any pointers?
Thanks.

EDIT:
Somekind of temporary solution seems to be reverting to ibus packages ibus-1.3.7-3-i686.pkg.tar.xz and ibus-anthy-1.2.1-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz, and ibus works on flash. Now that I think of it, I had to do this before on my laptop too, but later upgraded to newer packages (ibus 1.3.9-2  and and ibus-anthy 1.2.5) and it still works.. I wonder what happened there.

Nothing good on skype ctrl+c nor on mousepad though.. skype ctrl+c seems to work inside skype though, it just doesn't seem to make it's way to clipman.

Last edited by Acce (2011-03-19 23:27:46)

#2 2011-03-07 12:03:37

Acce

Re: [SOLVED] Another problem with iBus

Bump. No-one else hasn't got these problems?

#3 2011-03-19 23:27:24

Acce

Re: [SOLVED] Another problem with iBus

Update:

Skype copy-paste issue is solved, I was simply missing the ibus-qt package. Sorry for that.

I'm still using the older packages for ibus and ibus-anthy to get it work with flash. Still wondering why it works on my laptop...

Mousepad still behaves as before but I stopped using it.

So, marking it solved.

EDIT:
Reporting a better solution than reverting packages in case someone else hasn't figured it out yet.
Solution was found here: http://tomcat.nyanta.jp/sb2/sb.cgi?eid=348
Apparently this was a firefox "problem" only, and starting firefox with
env IBUS_DISABLE_SNOOPER="1" firefox
will make it work.

Last edited by Acce (2011-03-21 00:59:37)

Board footer