You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-21 01:00:00

Convergence

[solved]Audigy 2 zs headphone volume

I have a soundblaster audigy 2 zs soundcard.  I just bought a special cable that allowed me to connect the sound card to my front panel mic/headphone plugs. (creative used a weird connector that is pin compatible with ac97, but no ac97 connector would fit it!)  I've played around with the volume settings in alsamixer, but I cannot separate the headphone volume from the main (analog) volume controller. 

I would like to have separate volume settings for the main speakers and for my headphones.  Alsamixer actually has an Item called "headphones" but it doesn't seem to do anything.  Has anyone gotten this to work?  If this isn't possible, can someone recommend a soundcard capable of this?  The more I learn about this soundcard, the more I realize that Creative put out a very strange and impractical product.  Back in the day it seemed like soundblaster was the card to get if you ran linux.  Is this still true?

Last edited by Convergence (2011-03-21 01:52:50)

It's a very deadly weapon to know what you're doing
---  William Murderface

#2 2011-03-21 01:49:43

Convergence

Re: [solved]Audigy 2 zs headphone volume

LOL.  This is a nonissue for me since I discovered that my headphones actually have their own volume control!

It's a very deadly weapon to know what you're doing
---  William Murderface

Board footer