You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-13 10:19:20

max.bra

[unoconv] Help needed with AUR pkg

Hi all,
i'm the current maintainer of AUR package unoconv.

After a proper request to make openoffice dependency optional and let users choose between (libre/open)office, i'm posting here looking for help debugging a strange behavior.
Berserker (the user who make the request) heve already tried libreoffice in place of openoffice and have reported a success.
In my box instead (and perhaps not only) unoconv with openoffice is working as usual. Replacing it with libreoffice not. unoconv listener always fail.
But let me explain:

basically I think the problem is here (unoconv main script, line ~695, listener class):

class Listener:
    def __init__(self):
        info(1, "Start listener on %s:%s" % (op.server, op.port))
        try:
            subprocess.call([oobin, "-headless", "-invisible", "-nocrashreport", "-nodefault", "-nologo", "-nofirststartwizard", "-norestore", "-accept=%s" % op.connection])
        except Exception, e:
            error("Launch of %s failed.\n%s" % (oobin, e))
        else:
            die(253, "Existing listener found, aborting.")

executing a classic

unoconv -vvvl

the script ALWAYS die with a WRONGLY asserting of an existing listener found.

executing same code lines in a python2 console everything works!!
executing in a terminal what the subprocess.call execute:

soffice -headless -invisible -nocrashreport -nodefault -nologo -nofirststartwizard -norestore -accept="socket,host=localhost,port=2002;urp;StarOffice.ComponentContext"

again libreoffice behaves normally

I would to repeat and emphasize three things:

• Berserker have reported as fully working (with ooo-thumbnailer-unofficial 0.4.1-2 chain) package with LibreOffice.

• With OpenOffice, in my box, unoconv is working. It fails ONLY with LibreOffice.

• Only unoconv fails. Libreoffice seems to be fully working. Unoconv code to, executed outside its scripts, seems to be working.

Any python guru in the house?

Last edited by max.bra (2011-03-16 07:45:26)

#2 2011-03-23 14:31:34

richardmurri

Re: [unoconv] Help needed with AUR pkg

Try echoing the command line and comparing:

args = [oobin, "-headless", "-invisible", "-nocrashreport", "-nodefault", "-nologo", "-nofirststartwizard", "-norestore", "-accept=%s" % op.connection]
print ' '.join(args)
subprocess.call(args)

I personally couldn't get unoconv to work with libreoffice or openoffice.  Maybe I'm just doing something wrong though.

Board footer