You are not logged in.

#76 2011-03-30 01:13:19

kittykatt
Member
From: Missouri, USA
Registered: 2009-11-04
Posts: 260
Website

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

Interesting stuff. I've been meaning to do some work on screenfetch recently and I'll take your suggestions to mind when I start working on it again.

Thanks for the feedback. big_smile


- [ My Blog ] | [ AUR Packages ] | [ My deviantART ] | [ screenFetch ] | [ SilverIRC ] -

Offline

#77 2011-03-30 17:30:04

metre
Member
Registered: 2011-03-13
Posts: 130

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

kittykatt wrote:

Interesting stuff. I've been meaning to do some work on screenfetch recently and I'll take your suggestions to mind when I start working on it again.

Thanks for the feedback. big_smile

my pleasure wink

Offline

#78 2011-03-30 22:43:01

vanvalium
Member
From: Austria
Registered: 2010-10-09
Posts: 86

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

PKGBUILD seems messed up

==> Installing screenfetch-git package group with pacman -U...
error: '/home/veel/dl/screenfetch-git/screenfetch-git-20110331-1-any.pkg.tar.xz': cannot open package file
==> WARNING: Failed to install built package(s).

easy to fix by renaming the package after cloning it but it's still annoying
I have no clue about pkgbuild though

Offline

#79 2011-04-27 17:50:32

metre
Member
Registered: 2011-03-13
Posts: 130

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

I like the new version big_smile

'Font:' still shows the wrong font on Sakura, but hey, I don't care about it: what a lovely bashy program! big_smile

Last edited by metre (2011-04-27 17:54:17)

Offline

#80 2011-04-27 18:47:07

Sector11
Banned
Registered: 2010-02-25
Posts: 10

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

kittykatt wrote:

Interesting stuff. I've been meaning to do some work on screenfetch recently and I'll take your suggestions to mind when I start working on it again.

Thanks for the feedback. big_smile

Hi kittykatt
Long time .......  just grabbed the latest and don't "see" any difference but I do so like this batch file.
Shown is screenfetch 2.3.2 (sf) and 2.3.4 (sf-dev)

thmb_sf-dev.png

Wish I had the knowledge to help, but my bash skills on a scale of 1 to 10 would probably reach: 1.3  big_smile

S11

Offline

#81 2011-06-22 19:46:23

anonymous_user
Member
Registered: 2009-08-28
Posts: 3,058

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

With the recent depreciation of net-tools, some people may have uninstalled it and are left sans hostname. Perhaps have screenfetch do a check and use /proc/sys/kernel/hostname as an alternative.

Offline

#82 2011-06-28 14:45:13

nixfag
Member
From: Romania
Registered: 2011-03-03
Posts: 73

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

e36freak in #awk/freenode told me how to get urxvt font from Xdefaults.
awk  -F ':[[:blank:]]*' '!/^[[:blank:]]*!/ && tolower($0) ~ /urxvt.*font/ {last = $NF} END {print last}' ~/.Xdefaults
Maybe you add this.

Offline

#83 2011-06-28 15:02:59

JokerBoy
Member
From: România
Registered: 2009-09-24
Posts: 641
Website

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

not everyone is using the default location. smile i think this would be better

xrdb -query | awk -F ':[[:blank:]]*' '!/^[[:blank:]]*!/ && tolower($0) ~ /urxvt.*font/ {last = $NF} END {print last}'

Offline

#84 2011-08-18 13:06:50

metre
Member
Registered: 2011-03-13
Posts: 130

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

When I launch it, it says:

/usr/bin/screenfetch: line 193: hostname: command not found

Version 2.3.6 (git)

Offline

#85 2011-08-18 13:39:17

Unia
Member
From: The Netherlands
Registered: 2010-03-30
Posts: 2,476
Website

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

^ I had that too. Replaced the original line with the hostname with this:

myHost=$HOSTNAME

Error is gone now smile


If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

Offline

#86 2012-01-12 02:50:49

piratebill
Member
From: Sol System
Registered: 2011-10-20
Posts: 79

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

Using Version 2.3.7 (git).  Screen fetch does not automatically detect my OS on Arch.  Here is the output of the verbose command:

:: Finding hostname and user...found as 'hk47@Reclaimer'
:: Finding distro...found as 'Unknown '
:: Finding kernel version...found as '3.1.8-1-ARCH'
:: Finding current uptime...found as '1h 10m'
:: Finding current shell...found as 'bash'
:: Finding current resolution(s)...found as '1680x1050'
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
:: Finding desktop environment...found as 'KDE'
:: Finding window manager...found as 'KWin'
:: Finding window manager theme...found as 'Not Present'
:: Finding GTK theme...found as 'Not Found'
:: Finding icon theme...found as 'Not Found'
:: Finding user font...found as 'Not Found'
                             hk47@Reclaimer
         #####               OS: Unknown x86_64
        #######              Kernel: 3.1.8-1-ARCH
        ##O#O##              Uptime: 1h 10m
        #######              Shell: bash
      ###########            Resolution: 1680x1050
     #############           DE: KDE
    ###############          WM: KWin
    ################         WM Theme: Not Present
   #################         GTK Theme: Not Found
 #####################       Icon Theme: Not Found
 #####################       Font: Not Found
   #################        

uncommenting "distro="Arch Linux" seemed to fix it though.  Don't know if thats what I was supposed to do or not.

Last edited by piratebill (2012-01-12 02:53:50)

Offline

#87 2012-01-28 10:43:00

kittykatt
Member
From: Missouri, USA
Registered: 2009-11-04
Posts: 260
Website

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

WOW. Haven't been getting notifications for this thread. WELP, here goes...


anonymous_user wrote:

With the recent depreciation of net-tools, some people may have uninstalled it and are left sans hostname. Perhaps have screenfetch do a check and use /proc/sys/kernel/hostname as an alternative.

metre wrote:

When I launch it, it says:

/usr/bin/screenfetch: line 193: hostname: command not found

Version 2.3.6 (git)

Unia wrote:

^ I had that too. Replaced the original line with the hostname with this:

myHost=$HOSTNAME

Error is gone now smile


I even knew about the deprecation of net-tools and I didn't think it would affect me. Anyways, I'll look into that and possibly integrate what anonymous_user mentioned into sF.


nixfag wrote:

e36freak in #awk/freenode told me how to get urxvt font from Xdefaults.
awk  -F ':[[:blank:]]*' '!/^[[:blank:]]*!/ && tolower($0) ~ /urxvt.*font/ {last = $NF} END {print last}' ~/.Xdefaults
Maybe you add this.

JokerBoy wrote:

not everyone is using the default location. smile i think this would be better

xrdb -query | awk -F ':[[:blank:]]*' '!/^[[:blank:]]*!/ && tolower($0) ~ /urxvt.*font/ {last = $NF} END {print last}'

Neither of these commands turned up a result for a font for me. The first returned 'antialias=true' and the second a newline.


piratebill wrote:

Using Version 2.3.7 (git).  Screen fetch does not automatically detect my OS on Arch.  Here is the output of the verbose command:

:: Finding hostname and user...found as 'hk47@Reclaimer'
:: Finding distro...found as 'Unknown '
:: Finding kernel version...found as '3.1.8-1-ARCH'
:: Finding current uptime...found as '1h 10m'
:: Finding current shell...found as 'bash'
:: Finding current resolution(s)...found as '1680x1050'
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
:: Finding desktop environment...found as 'KDE'
:: Finding window manager...found as 'KWin'
:: Finding window manager theme...found as 'Not Present'
:: Finding GTK theme...found as 'Not Found'
:: Finding icon theme...found as 'Not Found'
:: Finding user font...found as 'Not Found'
                             hk47@Reclaimer
         #####               OS: Unknown x86_64
        #######              Kernel: 3.1.8-1-ARCH
        ##O#O##              Uptime: 1h 10m
        #######              Shell: bash
      ###########            Resolution: 1680x1050
     #############           DE: KDE
    ###############          WM: KWin
    ################         WM Theme: Not Present
   #################         GTK Theme: Not Found
 #####################       Icon Theme: Not Found
 #####################       Font: Not Found
   #################        

uncommenting "distro="Arch Linux" seemed to fix it though.  Don't know if thats what I was supposed to do or not.

Yeah, this is something that's frustrating and  that I've been meaning to look into. I've found that re-installing lsb_release fixes this when it happens. Which is absolute shit. Shouldn't have to do that. I'll look more into this and get it out in the next version.

I guess I should ask, first, do you have lsb_release on your system?


I'll post here when I release again.

Last edited by kittykatt (2012-01-31 09:24:15)


- [ My Blog ] | [ AUR Packages ] | [ My deviantART ] | [ screenFetch ] | [ SilverIRC ] -

Offline

#88 2012-01-31 08:43:43

kittykatt
Member
From: Missouri, USA
Registered: 2009-11-04
Posts: 260
Website

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

Changes (v2.3.8):

  • Commit 31185f7 - Changed to relying on /proc/sys/kernel/hostname for hostname now instead of the `hostname`.

  • Commit c0e2f86 and Commit 3cb7feb - Added tentative support for monsterwm and dminiwm, which I've seen pop up in the Community Contribution sections. big_smile

That's all for now. The lsb_release issue is one of the issues at the top of my list. As soon as I encounter the error again, I'm going to do some testing. I can't reliably reproduce the error on demand, though I have encountered the error before.

Bumped the version up to 2.3.8.


On my TODO list:

  • ANY kind of GTK3 detection.

  • Proper GNOME3 handling.


EDIT: MOAR CHANGES.

Changes (v2.3.9):

  • Commit 041fa85 - Added MATE detection, theme detection possibly not working yet. Fixed WindowMaker detection.

  • Commit 27eaae3 - Fixed SolusOS detection.

  • WOO! - I know Arch users may not care too much, but I've had a lot of requests to get a .DEB package out. And I do believe I've succeeded. I'll post it up on .DEB related distro sites. Or here, if wanted.

Last edited by kittykatt (2012-02-02 22:55:12)


- [ My Blog ] | [ AUR Packages ] | [ My deviantART ] | [ screenFetch ] | [ SilverIRC ] -

Offline

#89 2012-02-10 12:15:12

kittykatt
Member
From: Missouri, USA
Registered: 2009-11-04
Posts: 260
Website

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

I feel like I'm really clogging up this thread with multi-posts, but I thought this merited a new post.

screenFetch now supports fetching total number of packages installed (multi-distro), CPU model and speed, and RAM usage.

v2.4.0 is out! big_smile

Updating the AUR packages now.


- [ My Blog ] | [ AUR Packages ] | [ My deviantART ] | [ screenFetch ] | [ SilverIRC ] -

Offline

#90 2012-02-10 15:10:19

spark666
Member
Registered: 2011-05-23
Posts: 137

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

Can you please add/replace cpu, whit cpu usage? like RAM have.ty big_smile

Offline

#91 2012-02-16 22:26:07

kittykatt
Member
From: Missouri, USA
Registered: 2009-11-04
Posts: 260
Website

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

Alright, so I encountered the "Unknown" on my laptop again due to lsb_release being fudged. My lsb_release file on this machine now contains...

└─|  >>> cat /etc/lsb-release 
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Arch Linux"

But, lsb-release -a reports....

└─|  (master) >>> lsb_release -a 
LSB Version:	n/a
Distributor ID:	n/a
Description:	(none)
Release:	n/a
Codename:	n/a

Which is all kinds of odd. I don't know what causes this, but I'm working on a workaround for when this happens. Also working on color options for you guys. big_smile


- [ My Blog ] | [ AUR Packages ] | [ My deviantART ] | [ screenFetch ] | [ SilverIRC ] -

Offline

#92 2012-02-20 13:53:59

kittykatt
Member
From: Missouri, USA
Registered: 2009-11-04
Posts: 260
Website

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

Bump for a couple of version changes (v2.4.3 now) and a cool new feature for you all:  you can now color the output as you wish!

Here's how:  I've redone the flags a little bit so that -c now has a different functionality. When called, -c will take the argument it's given in the following format [0-9][0-9],[0-9][0-9]. Both arguments are optional (meaning you can specify one side of the comma and not the other). The first argument will control all of the colors of the ASCII logo and the label colors. The second argument will control the color of the result text. Want some screenshots? Sure, here ya go.


screenfetch-colorize-01.thumb.png


- [ My Blog ] | [ AUR Packages ] | [ My deviantART ] | [ screenFetch ] | [ SilverIRC ] -

Offline

#93 2012-03-09 05:50:11

kittykatt
Member
From: Missouri, USA
Registered: 2009-11-04
Posts: 260
Website

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

Got GTK3 detection in now. smile

Related:

screenfetch-gtk3test.thumb.png


- [ My Blog ] | [ AUR Packages ] | [ My deviantART ] | [ screenFetch ] | [ SilverIRC ] -

Offline

#94 2012-10-24 22:25:32

kittykatt
Member
From: Missouri, USA
Registered: 2009-11-04
Posts: 260
Website

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

Warning:  I've switched repository names on SilverIRC's git. Now screenfetch.git instead of screenfetch-dev.git.

http://git.silverirc.com/cgit.cgi/screenfetch.git/


- [ My Blog ] | [ AUR Packages ] | [ My deviantART ] | [ screenFetch ] | [ SilverIRC ] -

Offline

#95 2012-11-23 10:44:15

qinohe
Member
From: Netherlands
Registered: 2012-06-20
Posts: 684

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

Hi kittykatt,

Today Installed your screenfetch tool from AUR, did this with packer.
I had to manually rename;

 /tmp/packerbuild-1000/screenfetch/screenfetch/src/screenfetch-2.5.5
to
/tmp/packerbuild-1000/screenfetch/screenfetch/src/-2.5.5

Just to let you know;)


-Not all ladders are to be climbed on-

Offline

#96 2012-12-11 01:51:19

kuraku
Member
From: planet Earth
Registered: 2012-01-03
Posts: 199

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

@kittykatt
Please, insert option to read "gtk-fallback-icon-theme" from gtkrc. Here is info (?) about that setting:
http://developer.gnome.org/gtk2/2.24/Gt … icon-theme

It can be used to setup fallback icon theme in case that "gtk-icon-theme-name" is broken/missing/incomplete.

Offline

#97 2012-12-14 00:19:00

kittykatt
Member
From: Missouri, USA
Registered: 2009-11-04
Posts: 260
Website

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

kuraku wrote:

@kittykatt
Please, insert option to read "gtk-fallback-icon-theme" from gtkrc. Here is info (?) about that setting:
http://developer.gnome.org/gtk2/2.24/Gt … icon-theme

It can be used to setup fallback icon theme in case that "gtk-icon-theme-name" is broken/missing/incomplete.

Thanks. Will look into it.


- [ My Blog ] | [ AUR Packages ] | [ My deviantART ] | [ screenFetch ] | [ SilverIRC ] -

Offline

#98 2012-12-24 22:07:15

White girl
Member
Registered: 2012-12-24
Posts: 32

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

Sorry for silly question, but how can you change that pengiun logo to Arch one?

EDIT: modified /usr/bin/screenfetch and replaced ("Arch Linux") to the recognized OS.

Last edited by White girl (2012-12-25 13:43:42)

Offline

#99 2012-12-26 22:48:54

kuraku
Member
From: planet Earth
Registered: 2012-01-03
Posts: 199

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

White girl wrote:

Sorry for silly question, but how can you change that pengiun logo to Arch one?

EDIT: modified /usr/bin/screenfetch and replaced ("Arch Linux") to the recognized OS.

screenfetch.sh -D MyDistro

Examples:

screenfetch.sh -D debian /* it shows debian logo */
screenfetch.sh -D archlinux /* it shows arch logo */
screenfetch.sh -D linux /* it shows tux logo */

p.s. screenfetch.sh is the name on my computer but it can be anything you want smile

Offline

#100 2012-12-29 15:50:14

VCoolio
Member
From: Netherlands
Registered: 2010-01-05
Posts: 119

Re: screenFetch - The Bash Screenshot Information Tool

Using screenfetch-git, when you have E17 as wm and xprop installed, the resulting $WM in line 950 is Enlightenment (with capital E), so on line 1064 you won't be called, as it only accepts the "E17" result from line 967.

Anyway, to read the .cfg files that e uses, you can use eet. If E17 is the wm, eet will be available, so it's not a dependency for screenfetch-git but it's still good to check I suppose. To find the theme, use this on line 1064ff:

'E17'|'Enlightenment') if [ "$(which eet 2>/dev/null)" ]; then
        econfig="$(eet -d $HOME/.e/e/config/standard/e.cfg config | awk '/value \"file\" string.*.edj/{ print $4 }')"
        econfigend="${econfig##*/}"
        Win_theme=${econfigend%.*}
        fi;;

Last edited by VCoolio (2012-12-29 16:12:36)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB