You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-13 01:07:38

Digit

tint2 ram leak

anyone else suffering a ram leak from tint2?

i have it running in xmonad, with generally only pidgin, skype, deadbeef, vlc, and sometimes parcellite in the tray, and dozens of windows open.

i dont recall it hemoraging so much ram over time before in previous set ups... but now i find myself having to restart it a couple times a day (which is only a keypress away, but still a nuissance).

fave quote of the mo': "Man's reach should exceed his grasp, else what's a heaven for." - Robert Browning

#2 2011-01-13 11:26:33

thil77

Re: tint2 ram leak

witch version are you using ? tint2 -v
and can you post tint2 config file ?

#3 2011-03-30 18:17:05

Digit

Re: tint2 ram leak

oops, frgt about this... only until i searched for " "ram leak" tint2 " and found this thread, do i remember to return.  ^_^

tint2 version 0.11
tint2rc

however, i'm pretty sure this happens across all my systems, which all have the same basic app selections, on top of arch, crunchbang, toorox, and sabayon, which will all have different versions.  (arch being on both laptop and triple monitor workstation)

and every once in a while, the ram creeps up and up, to sometimes rival even an unchecked firefox with hundreds of tabs.

a quick kill and restart solves it, but that's an inconvenient half-ass work-around, and can often monkey around with tray icons, and even close some apps, like pidgin, on some of my operating systems.

i wonder if it's some trayer app, that's filling up ram with it's icon over and over, or something like that...  hmm

i dont recall if i ever encountered tint2 chewing up so much ram back when i used openbox... no one else seems to have mentioned this, and i'm probably in a minority using tint2 with xmonad (it is rather weird, was a little tricky to set up, and doesnt even work quite like it should), so that leads me to the other plausible suspect i've thought of... that this is just something that tint2 and xmonad will do.
maybe it's something unique to my xmonad config...  yikes http://hpaste.org/45165/digitstrxxmonad20110330

until a magic wand waves the problem away, i use something other than tint2, i learn how to delve into code and troubleshoot and debug, or some other fix, i'll just be restarting tint2 a lot.  ^_^

fave quote of the mo': "Man's reach should exceed his grasp, else what's a heaven for." - Robert Browning

Board footer