You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-30 18:39:46

mrmylanman

Color management under Arch

Hey all,

At my job we do photo and slide scanning.  Photo scanning isn't such a big deal but slide scanning definitely is.  I am kind of fed up with Windows and I would like to migrate to Arch since I love it for my laptop and it has been exceedingly stable so far.

Color management is a constant issue (slides are a new market and we need to work more on the color management), and I was wondering what the best bets are to get started on that.  In the Wiki it mentions that LCDs need to be handled in a special way.  The video card is too old for the Catalyst driver so I can't use the amdcccle tool to adjust color (which I did on my laptop using some color charts and other test images online and I have been pleased with the results).   I am halfway familiar with xgamma but I guess I'm looking for advice as well, since a rough test with xgamma didn't yield the best results (I have a quick installation set up to test it out on another partition for now).  Also what about some of the hardware color calibration tools out there?  Do any of those work in Linux?

These might be slightly noobish questions but I really appreciate the help.

Arch user since 2011-03-13

Thinkpad X220 Intel Core i7-2640M CPU, 16GB DDR3-1333 RAM, 160GB Intel SATA II SSD & 60GB OCZ mSATA SSD, 12.5" IPS 1366x768 Display, 6-cell Battery
(Installation date:  2012-03-19)

Board footer