You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-31 04:01:13

kolbycrouch

gtk-qt-engine problem

Hello, Is anyone else having a problem with setting their gtk theme to qt4 when using the oxygen theme? with this new install it doesnt seem to use oxygen but rather some ugly flat type of style.

thanks in advance.

#2 2011-03-31 05:30:18

AurosGamma

Re: gtk-qt-engine problem

I think that gtk-qt-engine is deprecated(im not sure),  take a look to the wiki for two alternatives:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KD … plications

There is it all you need to install tu use qtcurve and port your gtk themes. I personally recomend oxygen-gtk(which is a gtk theme) with lxappearance, because if you use qtcurve some gtk apps can be slowed down(e.g. Gimp,Firefox,etc), gimp is practially unusable because of this.

If you dont care about the slow performance using qtcurve to port gtk themes, do the following:

pacman -S qtcurve-gtk2 qtcurve-kde4 gtk-kde4

after installing it go to system setting->GTK+ Style,choose your options and reboot

But i recomend oxygen-gtk:

pacman -S oxygen-gtk lxappearance

To change the GTK theme go to applications->setting->customize look and feel

if you installed something else to integrate gtk themes, please remove it, these to alternatives are the most updated right now
P.S. qtcurve generates a gtk theme from your current kde theme and oxygen-gtk is a gtk theme made to fit the default oxygen kde theme.
Take care

Last edited by AurosGamma (2011-03-31 05:35:12)

Board footer