You are not logged in.

#1 2003-10-30 23:53:35

vande198

Annoying font changes in KDE

Alright...this isn't life threatening, but it is really annoying.  It appears that my font sizes like to change a lot between KDE sessions.  One session, my fonts will @ size 13 will appear so small that i can hardly read them, but then on the next session they'll look huge.  What is going on?[/img]

"To be a Spartan is to be a philosopher much more than to be an athlete."
Plato, the <i>Protagoras</i>, 342e-343a

#2 2003-10-31 01:17:49

hApy
Website

Re: Annoying font changes in KDE

my guesss is it was the xfree86 package upgrade, and that it won't change from now on...

If it's not that, then you have a strange problem indeed. wink

Hapy.

#3 2003-11-03 15:26:10

vande198

I think I know what it is:  when I switch between xfce4 and kde it often does this.  I think something might be amiss when I change from xfce4 to KDE whereby all the fonts get rediculously large.  In the meanwhile, all fonts in gtk2 fonts in kde are really small.  Any idea how to normalize this?

"To be a Spartan is to be a philosopher much more than to be an athlete."
Plato, the <i>Protagoras</i>, 342e-343a

#4 2003-11-03 18:29:46

hApy
Website

which side do you want to change?

I've only just recently switched from kde to xfce4, and all I know about is how to change the "title font" from the settings/Window Manager menu. from what I can tell is that most of your programs should let you set your font size from within them.

Actually the most likely solution is to change everything to the right font size in xfce4 because it seems to me it is 'less meddlesome' and lets the app control everything within itself, and almost nothing outside itself (like forcing particular behaviour). Whereas KDE likes to mess with everything it possibly can. So set it to what you like in xfce4 using the app, then load up KDE and play around with the settings to make them match. Also check and make sure that KDE isn't somehow using it's own DPI setting as that would definately make a difference.

Hapy.

#5 2003-11-04 11:05:57

anamesa

vande, try the solution described by zen_guerrilla in this post:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=1497

It works for xfce4 as well.  I think xfce4 follows gtk2 rules, and kde is independent.  So you just have to play with ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file. It works for me fine.

Board footer